Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people! How was your Christmas holidays? And what are your plans for New Year's?? :) These days I'm off work and we planned to go away for 2 days :) we went to Katerini, it's a city near Thessaloniki and it was an opportunity to explore a bit, the weather was great!
Katerini has a population of 85,800 inhabitants - a small Thessaloniki for us- the city's name was given after St. Catherine ( Αγία Αικατερίνη in greek) and has a big park, big market, lots of sidewalks, cafeterias and food restaurants! :)
So this is Alexander street from one side

to the other, including the church of the Holy Ascension of the Lord

this is the central square of Katerini, there were many people and their children there :)

There I wanted to have the same picture as Skipooterky's ;)

This statue is also in the central square

Lots and lots of people in the sidewalks

These hanging paintings were made by children of Katerini's schools- they were so many! :)

After that, we went to the big park :)

Fountains and bridges

The shops were awesome.. I wanted to buy everything :p

Ice cream, anyone?

Today we had a coffee before leaving the city

That's all folks! :)
Happy New Year everyone! :) :wave1:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Oh yes, first comment from me! Another fine set of photos from Despinaland and I love Despinakeet's 'Skipooterky' pose:clap:;)

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
It is always great to see pics from your travels Despina, beautiful stuff. Thank you for sharing
them with us, and Happy New year to you too my friend...:)

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
I always love your little trips and this was no exception, Despina! The sights in Greece are so interesting--and the shops are very reflective of that, haha.

That ice cream looks delicious, I fancy a pint myself :giggle:

Your picture with your manger scene was beautiful, and a very happy new year to you as well, my friend! :hug: Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2016!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Great pics, I see you had a lovely time on your 2 day escapade! :)
Be it Summer or Winter, ice cream is always welcome. A couple of days ago I had a caramel sundae with tiny cookies as topping and boy was it delicious! :D

Happy New Year to you too, Despina! :party:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wonderful pictures Despina. I particularly like the ones in the park, it is so beautiful. And the Ice Cream, Yummy, yes please.
Thank you Kate! That city's name was after your name :) Lucky you! That park was awesome and I wanted to spend more time there.. but time flies, so I had to go! These types of ice-cream were a little different from what I used to see; I saw Kataif taste (a traditional dessert with syryp and walnuts), gum taste, chocolate parfait and many more! If my sore throat was better, I would have a big one! :p

It is always great to see pics from your travels Despina, beautiful stuff. Thank you for sharing
them with us, and Happy New year to you too my friend...:)
Thanks Randy! We had a good time there and we got a bit lost, the streets all look almost the same :p Glad you liked them and have a happy new 2016 too! :)

Wonderful pictures of your visit to Katerini, Despina.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It's always fun to see the places you go!

I got a chuckle from your comment of wanting a picture like Skipooterky's with the nativity scene! :laughing1:

Have a wonderful New Year, my friend! :hug:
Thank you Deb! :) When I saw the manger scene, I remembered your picture! :p Glad you enjoyed them and have a happy New Year too! :D

I always love your little trips and this was no exception, Despina! The sights in Greece are so interesting--and the shops are very reflective of that, haha.

That ice cream looks delicious, I fancy a pint myself :giggle:

Your picture with your manger scene was beautiful, and a very happy new year to you as well, my friend! :hug: Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2016!
Thanks Geneva! It was a nice getaway and a good opportunity to explore! Katerini is wonderful and very close to mount Olympus; we saw that mountain all the time! I loved the shops and the paintings of the kids hanging on the streets :) May this new Year bring the best to you and Mallorn! :)

Great pics, I see you had a lovely time on your 2 day escapade! :)
Be it Summer or Winter, ice cream is always welcome. A couple of days ago I had a caramel sundae with tiny cookies as topping and boy was it delicious! :D

Happy New Year to you too, Despina! :party:
Thanks Ana! It was nice and I really want to go again next year, before visiting the mount Olympus! ;) yes I love ice cream too! If only my sore throat was better, I would taste all of these :p And happy new year to you and yours, Ana!

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,460 Posts
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us :)
I loves the shop window!! I would want to buy everything in it too!!! What happened to the poor cows ears in the nativity scene though? :eek: it still looked really lovely :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and happy New Year to you too :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us :)
I loves the shop window!! I would want to buy everything in it too!!! What happened to the poor cows ears in the nativity scene though? :eek: it still looked really lovely :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and happy New Year to you too :)
Haha thank you Niamh! :) I don't know what happened to the poor cow either! I didn't notice it when I was there.. I saw that when I posted it! :p it was nice and I really want to have a trip once a month! :) Happy new Year to you and yours! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.