Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To mark the special occasion and since everyday I spend with Khaleesi is a precious blessing I thought I would share a few highlights during Christmas.

On the 24th, my boy got a favourite fruity treat, sweet tangerine.
001 by aluz391, on Flickr

007 by aluz391, on Flickr

Tangerine video

Christmas day he's got two presents
011 by aluz391, on Flickr

Khaleesi got some toy balls he will be sharing with Luigi, a mineral block (the whole flock also got new ones alongside other goodies) and honey treat sticks. The rest of the flock got sugar free treat sticks and other toys/accessories in need of replacement.
017 by aluz391, on Flickr

Look at all the colours!
014 by aluz391, on Flickr

The moment Khaleesi saw the balls, he immediately wanted to play with them
015 by aluz391, on Flickr

Sitting pretty for picture time
016 by aluz391, on Flickr

Ready to play!
019 by aluz391, on Flickr

Luigi also spent a little time with Khaleesi
020 by aluz391, on Flickr

Happy Khaleesi having a very sunny Christmas
021 by aluz391, on Flickr

And now for the Penguin fans, this set of photos was taken a few days before Christmas.

DSCF3293 by aluz391, on Flickr

DSCF3294 by aluz391, on Flickr

Puffing up solo pic
DSCF3292 by aluz391, on Flickr

Puffing up with Santa
DSCF3305 by aluz391, on Flickr

Squinting the eyes like Santa
DSCF3295 by aluz391, on Flickr

Where did that come from?
DSCF3324 by aluz391, on Flickr

DSCF3336 by aluz391, on Flickr

Now for the Christmas videos, you can see Khaleesi opening one of his presents, there is a part 1 and part 2. The videos are relatively short both below 2 minutes. Part 2 is especially funny once he realizes what Santa Birdie gave to him.

The last short video, Khaleesi is playing with his new toy ball.

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
OH MY, these photos really put a BIG:D on my face! I have never thought to offer tangerines to my birds but will surely do so now. I also love the photo of Luigi looking rather proud next to Khalessi like "Yes, Khalessi is my best lovie buddy in the whole wide world!", and the photo of super cute Penguin's squinty eyes next to Santa.;)

Thank you for such wonderful visual treat and Happy Holidays, Ana!:hug:

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Awesome pic's as alway's...you have reignited my lovie fever...:D

If I ever get over to your continent, Penguin may get lovienapped....;)

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So darling!! Looks like a very nice holiday at your house, Aluz!
Thanks, Judy! We all did have a lovely time. :)

OH MY, these photos really put a BIG:D on my face! I have never thought to offer tangerines to my birds but will surely do so now. I also love the photo of Luigi looking rather proud next to Khalessi like "Yes, Khalessi is my best lovie buddy in the whole wide world!", and the photo of super cute Penguin's squinty eyes next to Santa.;)

Thank you for such wonderful visual treat and Happy Holidays, Ana!:hug:
Thanks, Nick! Before offering a little bit of tangerine (or even any other type of fruit), I always do a little taste test first to see if they're good enough for the flock. For tangerines, I break a little section in half, make sure to remove any seeds and then place it on the cage bars for the birdies' delight. :)

Thanks, Randy! I'm sure you would have lots of fun with Penguin, she has the incredible ability of constantly making us laugh. :D

How cute the Lovie's faces are! OMG, Penguin is a perfect name for the blue masked haha so cute. I like how Khaleesi tried to play with the balls through the package!
Thanks, Julie! And I agree with you, the name fits Penguin perfectly not just in colour but also in personality. ;)
She is the bird who I had the least of problems in naming. 10 minutes after rescuing her, Penguin had already been baptised.

Peachy and I enjoyed all the awesome pictures and Khaleesi's videos as well.

What a lovely special Holiday Treat!
Penguin is looking as lovely as ever and I adore the last picture of Khaleesi with his reindeer. He totally looks like he's grinning! LOL

Thanks for sharing these, Ana!
Thanks Deborah and Peachy! :D It's always a pleasure to share these happy moments I have with the birdies, especially when they are in the right mood for picture taking. Khaleesi always is, he loves my cell phone and I use it often to take pics and record videos.

Thanks for sharing these perfect moments with us :D Khaleesi, Penguin and Luigi all look chuffed :) I absolutely love the pictures of Khaleesi looking at Santa and then cuddling up for a photo wearing Thanatos delightful big smile of his. Such a lucky flock of birdies :D
Thanks, Niamh! It was fun to take those Christmas related pics with the Santa and reindeer dolls, I took a bunch of them and had to make a selection of the best/funniest ones. :)

Those are some adorable picture! The one with the reindeer toy cracked me up!! :D
Thanks, Therm! I was trying to make the reindeer interesting to Khaleesi and he was astonished when I made the reindeer "dance" with the slow movement of my hand. Luckily I caught his startled look with the camera. :p
Khaleesi then worked on his cute poses for the rest of the photoshoot. :)

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,149 Posts

Not if I get there first!!! lol :laughing:

Ana, you made my day today!!! I just love to see Khaleesi, Luigi,and of course little Penguin, which btw, may be the perfect name for him!!! Thanks for brightening my night!!!

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Not if I get there first!!! lol :laughing:

Ana, you made my day today!!! I just love to see Khaleesi, Luigi,and of course little Penguin, which btw, may be the perfect name for him!!! Thanks for brightening my night!!!
Thanks, Kristen! I'm glad these pics had such a positive impact on you! :D
Penguin may be a lovebird, but she certainly has in common some of funny characteristics and behaviours of the real penguins. :giggle:

Ha ha, Penguin always makes me laugh. And that photo of Khaleesi looking at the reindeer is so funny.
Thanks, Madonna! It's always great to have some good fun with our birdies and to capture moments like these. :)

Very cute! Khaleesi looks so happy and healthy! Penguin looks so cute with her squinty eyes.:giggle: Thanks for sharing,Ana!:)
Thanks Gaby! It's a real joy and very rewarding to see not only Khaleesi, but also the whole flock happy, healthy and enjoying life. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,681 Posts
What adorable pictures! Khaleesi always makes me smile with his cleverness and affinity for colourful toys :giggle:

Penguin's Santa photoshoot just cracked me up :laughing:

I love your lovies and always love to see them ;) Thank you for sharing, and it looks like everyone at your place certainly had a very merry christmas!

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh my goodness, they are both too cute :love:
Such handsome little guys!
Thanks, Dee! Penguin is actually a girl, I found out the hard way when she presented me with an egg some time back. :giggle:

What adorable pictures! Khaleesi always makes me smile with his cleverness and affinity for colourful toys :giggle:

Penguin's Santa photoshoot just cracked me up :laughing:

I love your lovies and always love to see them ;) Thank you for sharing, and it looks like everyone at your place certainly had a very merry christmas!
Thanks, StarlingWings!
Khaleesi loves his toys more than he does his food, and as to Penguin, she lives in her special little world and I love her even more for that. ;)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
What a nice holiday treat, Ana!!! All the birdies look happy for their gifts during Christmas time! :) May all of them have that happy look throughout the new year! :)
I loved the photo of Penguin with Santa! :D

Reactions: aluz

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a nice holiday treat, Ana!!! All the birdies look happy for their gifts during Christmas time! :) May all of them have that happy look throughout the new year! :)
I loved the photo of Penguin with Santa! :D
Thanks, Despina! That is always my goal, to see the whole flock happy and well. :)

Looks like Khaleesi had a wonderful Christmas and got some lovely gifts to play with...Penguin's Santa photoshoot made me laugh....
Thanks, Lyn! Christmas is always extra special when we get to spend it with our much beloved pets. I'm glad you liked the pics! :)

Reactions: despoinaki
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.