Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week we are featuring yet another popular board game, "Connect Four".
I was pleasantly surprised with how well my boy played this game, he loves those discs.

Can we start the game now? :)

I get the red disks and you take the yellow ones.

I need to push it further...

Let me check, yes it's good here.

Oh no, she already made four in a row...:(

Let me see if I can take one of her discs without her noticing. :spy:

She's giving me another chance, now I know how to turn the game around! :D

Okay, I'll take a little break for picture time.

We both won and managed to complete the grid. I sure love to climb this! ;)

And now for the videos, this first one I was amazed at Khaleesi's cleverness and his ability to problem solving. It's quite impressive given the fact I didn't teach him to do this, it was all on him.
Just watch what he does when I hide the spare disks from him. :)

The second video my lovie is just playing with the little disks.

The playtime series is almost coming to an end, stay tuned for next week's episode! ;)

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
This playtime series is seriously damaging my effort's to resist the overwhelming urge to own a beautiful lovebird....:D

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ana,

Khaleesi is the most clever little lovebird and so adorable the way he loves to play with you.
I just love watching the way he does things and then looks at you as if to say, "Did you see that?" :giggle:

I'm enjoying Khaleesi's playtime series tremendously and will be sad when it ends. :hug:
Thanks Deb! :) I'm really glad that you can all see the bond we have while I interact with Khaleesi and it really is noticeable the love in those cute eyes of his when he looks at me. I can see love, admiration, happiness, pride and playful mischief in my lovie's eyes. I know him inside and out.
To Khaleesi, I am his whole world and suffice to say he means the world to me too. :hug:

Awwww! It's so cute how Khaleesi plays with the discs!:giggle:
Thanks Gaby! He is always willing and ready to play! ;)

This playtime series is seriously damaging my effort's to resist the overwhelming urge to own a beautiful lovebird....:D
Thanks, Randy! :) Lovebirds are playful by nature, but I'm thinking the level of playfulness my Khaleesi has is not the norm for lovebirds.
I believe he is like this due to the way I raised him and the fact he has always been kept away from the lovebird flock (they never accepted him) and only occasionally will he have limited out of cage time with his budgie friend Luigi. Still Khaleesi is as happy as he can be with me and doesn't really miss what he never had. I'm his number 1 flock mate.

What a cute, clever boy! What's next, frisbee throwing? :D
Haha, he already likes to throw many objects like they are frisbees, like a plastic coin that he has and the bottle caps!
And thank you, Patricia! :)

I know what you mean! I too am falling for this beautifully clever bird :)
Thanks, Kat! :) Believe me he never ceases to amaze me. The other day while I had him out in the afternoon, he took a break from playing, walked to my night stand where I have my bottle of water and then he tapped with his beak on my water bottle and looked at me.
Right at that moment I knew he was saying that he was thirsty. I used one of his bottle caps and poured a bit of water and he gladly drank it! :D

Reactions: Katkin and nuxi

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
Wow, Khaleesi is such a clever boy! I always love reading about his playtimes, he is a very smart lovebird and clearly loves you very much! Awesome job with this series, I've enjoyed it immensely :)

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow he is so tuned into his human's life too!
Thanks, Dee! :) That's very true, he watches my every move, even when he is on the cage if my eyes meet his, he gets all happy/clownish and immediately turns into a bat by hanging himself from the top of the cage's bars and looks at me. He also proceeds to try and open the cage's door to be closer to me.

Wow, Khaleesi is such a clever boy! I always love reading about his playtimes, he is a very smart lovebird and clearly loves you very much! Awesome job with this series, I've enjoyed it immensely :)
Thanks, StarlingWings! He is quite a special birdie, that's for sure! :D
There will be at least another episode next week.

What a clever Lovie!!! Best wishes, Jo Ann:p
Thank you, Jo Ann! I'm glad you are also enjoying Khaleesi's playtime series. :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Ana, I love how he throws things with his little beak. It makes me laugh every time as it's just like "Nah, I think I'll just chuck this."

He is so smart and so cute - a winning combination. It is like playing with a child really - you both have your own special connection with each other. Thanks for sharing your special little fellow's adventures :)

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ana, I love how he throws things with his little beak. It makes me laugh every time as it's just like "Nah, I think I'll just chuck this."

He is so smart and so cute - a winning combination. It is like playing with a child really - you both have your own special connection with each other. Thanks for sharing your special little fellow's adventures :)
Thanks, Madonna! :) It's an honour to share a few of the precious moments I have with Khaleesi with people who truly appreciate and understand the never ending joys of pet bird ownership. :tb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.