Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the big finale of Khaleesi's Playtime series, I decided to put together some miscellaneous pics.

Khaleesi has his own rocking horse.

Only it's a bit small for him to properly sit. :p

Khaleesi's very first reaction to his new toy. Lovebird owners will surely know that happy/excited stance, where lovies lift their heads up and let out a cute chirp.

Showing curiosity

Doing some investigation on it

He also likes video games

Another happy chirp as if to say, let's start the game!

My lovie also gives his toys a rest and plays peek-a-boo with me, gives a little kiss or a cuddle/preen.

He loves to snuggle on my hoody and each night before bedtime he cuddles that way and takes a little nap on me.

Khaleesi on the top of his world

Another thing he loves to do when out of the cage is to take baths

Just look at that proud and content look on his face

Here is a short video of Khaleesi taking a bath, if you want to see.

And we couldn't forget Khaleesi's flight buddy, Luigi. Still to this day, they are good friends.

This picture of my "two specials" is my favourite and it cracks me up whenever I see it! :D

To finish it up, here are a couple more videos.
The first is one of my favourites, each morning Khaleesi "helps" me make the bed. While straightening the blankets, I inadvertently taught Khaleesi a really cute trick.

On this last video, you can see what happens when Luigi meets Khaleesi for some out of cage playtime. The unique greeting happens every time they meet.

I would like to thank you all for following Khaleesi's Playtime series. :hug:
This was but a small way to show my love and appreciation for this species of bird and to honour my precious lovie, Khaleesi.

And even though the series has now come to an end, who knows what's in store for the future, maybe a second season? Or at the very least a sporadic thread featuring Khaleesi playing a new game. ;)

·
Administrator
60,609 Posts
Peachy and I have tremendously enjoyed the mini-series of Khaleesi's playtime and are sad to see it coming to an end. We hope for a second series or at least periodic threads featuring Khaleesi as he's very special to both of us.

Peachy is now complaining that he doesn't have his very own rocking horse: :rolleyes: I tried to tell him that he has plenty of other toys but of course he thinks Khaleesi's look better. :giggle:

Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and videos with us Ana. They've meant a lot to us! :hug:

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peachy and I have tremendously enjoyed the mini-series of Khaleesi's playtime and are sad to see it coming to an end. We hope for a second series or at least periodic threads featuring Khaleesi as he's very special to both of us.

Peachy is now complaining that he doesn't have his very own rocking horse: :rolleyes: I tried to tell him that he has plenty of other toys but of course he thinks Khaleesi's look better. :giggle:

Thanks for taking the time to share the pictures and videos with us Ana. They've meant a lot to us! :hug:
Thank you so much, Deb and Peachy for following the series with such enthusiasm. It was a pleasure to share a bit of Khaleesi's daily life with this awesome bird loving community. :D

Reactions: nuxi

·
Member of the Month May 2015
2,231 Posts
The photos are so cute!:) I'm sad that the playtime series is ending now.:( I really enjoyed the video clips.:) Khaleesi seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by Luigi's energy.:D

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Great pics and video's Ana. I really liked the video of Luigi and Khaleesi together...:)

Reactions: aluz and Jo Ann

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Khaleesi's

Your Lovie has a very captivating personality and camera sense. Great to see
Lovie and Budgie friendship. Blessings, Jo Ann:p:budgie:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
How much does Luigi love Khaleesi? Oh my goodness - obsessed :D

I love Khaleesi helping you make the bed - it looks like he really thinks he's helping. Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful. He looks so so cute on his rocking horse!!!!

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The photos are so cute!:) I'm sad that the playtime series is ending now.:( I really enjoyed the video clips.:) Khaleesi seemed to be a bit overwhelmed by Luigi's energy.:D
Thanks, Gaby! :) It's true that Luigi is too hyper and that's why I keep their interactions for a limited period of time. He doesn't actually bully Khaleesi but can be a bit annoying with his pushiness sometimes. Also when Khaleesi has had enough of Luigi, he flies back to me and doesn't leave my side.

That's wonderful!! I really enjoyed seeing Khaleesi and his budgie buddy - priceless :D
And the rocking horse is hilarious , lol.
Thanks, Dee! I'll have to see if the budgies like the rocking horse too.
Unless I make some modifications to it, Khaleesi won't be able to fit well into the seat. :)

Great pics and video's Ana. I really liked the video of Luigi and Khaleesi together...:)
Thanks, Randy! I just had to make a short clip of the two, because flying is one of the things I can't do for Khaleesi and I'm glad he has a friend and flight buddy in Luigi. :)

Your Lovie has a very captivating personality and camera sense. Great to see
Lovie and Budgie friendship. Blessings, Jo Ann:p:budgie:
Thanks, Jo Ann! I also wanted to show that not all lovebirds are aggressive towards other species and that they can be total sweethearts too. :)

How much does Luigi love Khaleesi? Oh my goodness - obsessed :D

I love Khaleesi helping you make the bed - it looks like he really thinks he's helping. Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful. He looks so so cute on his rocking horse!!!!
Haha, yes he is way too over excited, what can I say, he is a very passionate boy with all the intense head bobbing right into Khaleesi's face! :D

Thanks, Madonna! I find it really cute and funny the way Khaleesi rubs his chest and tummy on the soft blanket. I do the motion with my hand and he does it immediately. It's a nice trick! ;)

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Khaleesi is a gorgeous and very clever boy, he obviously loves Luigi (and you!) very much and I am sorry to see the series end!
I am so glad you shared these pics with us, I love Khaleesi!!
Thanks, StarlingWings! I'm glad you found the mini series entertaining. I will keep on posting about him, only it won't be on a weekly basis. ;)

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your birds are just so cute and adorable. I loved the blanket video that was funny. My peachy liked to hide in my pocket and then wouldn't get out...
Thanks Lyn! Lovebirds are funny and very clever little birds, I'm glad you liked the video. :)

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,147 Posts
Gorgeous pics. Nothing better than seeing bird who is well loved and provided lots of stimulation.

Reactions: aluz
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.