Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kiki,she is Mia's mum (I also have a thread for Mia) at first glance I thought she was a recessive pied,but after studying about pieds I read recessive pieds don't have iris rings,Kiki does.So would she be a double factor Dominant Pied Or just a Dominant Pied with less markings?She does appear to have the "splotch" on the back of her head.In the first pic you can see iris rings:

& this pic is her back:

Thanks

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She looks like a double factor dominant pied but if she is Mia's mum she can't be because a double factor would have all single factor chicks. She could be a combination of two pied types or possibly just a SF Dominant Pied with less markings

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Could be, but i would say no. I have birds that are definately green, not blue. But in the light many of their feathers can appear bluey green, or have a blue sheen to them. Blue birds lack yellow pigment, so green birds are a mix of blue and yellow - they arent just green!

Often you will see a certain shade of colour in different lighting or angles. I would say her yellow is too strong to be YF blue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.