Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :rolleyes:

I wanted to ask confirmation of the mutations of my budgies. But I do not know if I'll use the right translations.

"Fifi" is blue violet (no dark factor, it has a slight purple hues in natural, with the flash we see nothing)?
"Doudou" is Recessive Pieds blue?
"Tit'fripe" is Spangle green?
"Brindille" is a blue gray wings? or clear wings? or Full body?

Here are some other parrots which I do not know the change and I need your suggestions. These are the parakeets from a friend.

I put the photos below message, Feel free to correct me.

Thank you for your help :)
Good day!

FIFI : Blue Violet ?

DOUDOU : Recessive Pieds blue?

TIT FRIPE : Spangle green ?

BRINDILLE : blue gray wings? or clear wings? or Full body?
(She left us :ugh10: )

And here are a few budgies I would like to know the mutation

Thanks <3 merci :rolleyes:
:budgie:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am not an expert so will wait for others to comment on the mutations but your birds are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Hello :rolleyes:

I wanted to ask confirmation of the mutations of my budgies. But I do not know if I'll use the right translations.

"Fifi" is blue violet (no dark factor, it has a slight purple hues in natural, with the flash we see nothing)?
"Doudou" is Recessive Pieds blue?
"Tit'fripe" is Spangle green?
"Brindille" is a blue gray wings? or clear wings? or Full body?

Here are some other parrots which I do not know the change and I need your suggestions. These are the parakeets from a friend.

I put the photos below message, Feel free to correct me.

Thank you for your help :)
Good day!

FIFI : Blue Violet ?

YES

DOUDOU : Recessive Pieds blue?

YES

I believe he is Light Green and he is spangle

Sky blue Grey wing

And here are a few budgies I would like to know the mutation

Looks like a yellow face type 2 Opaline - the body color looks sea green

Olive green

Looks violet grey wing

looks yellow face type 2 Grey wing

violet grey wing Opaline maybe yellow face

Grey Spangle

Can't see this one well enough but it looks like it has no markings so i'm going with Dominant & Recessive pied sky blue Yellow face type 1

looks like a full body greywing

Looks like a light Green Cinnamon

Thanks <3 merci :rolleyes:
:budgie:
My answers are in the quote in purple

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Julieinohio thank you for the compliment:)

And a big thank you for your quick responses atvchick95.
So would my BEAUTIFUL blue gray wings. I find it hard to distinguish visually clear wings and gray wings. With clear wings, the color of the body is intact, and with grey wings, the body color is like slightly diluted, is that correct? For the full body, what is typical (for the visually identify)?

Anyway, thank you:)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Grey wing dilutes the body color by 50%

Full body Grey wing the markings are still Grey but the body color is NOT diluted but it is brightened

Clearwings have very light or no markings on head and wings and the body color is brightened (not lightened or diluted)

and sometimes in pictures it is hard to tell them apart if the flash is used because the flash most of the time brightens up the body color

but here's an article with pictures
http://www.***************/c_dilution.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

BRINDILLE : blue grey wings? or clear wings?
Sky blue Grey wing

Thank you very much.

Its wings and waves were very clear, pale whitish-gray, blue see, and his body was as bright as that was my Azur Blue (single blue, sky blue, dark factor 0).

Here is a picture where there from right to left, fifi blue violet, azure blue, blue comforter recessive feet, and twig. I always thought she was bright wings, is certain to be winged? Here are more pictures of her.

Great day and thank you for this information

Here are some other parrots to identify their mutation:

green dilute ?

blue dilute yellow-face ?

blue or grey, grey wings yellow face ?

recessive pied green ? Lutino?

It looks at first sight to a lutino, however, it happened again with a female albino. and chicks were so :

Female

male :

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
with the other pics added she looks spangle so she's mostly like Spangle Grey wing - her body color is throwing me off though in some pics it looks like normal sky blue other pics its bright cobalt

BRINDILLE : blue grey wings? or clear wings?
Sky blue Grey wing

Thank you very much.

Its wings and waves were very clear, pale whitish-gray, blue see, and his body was as bright as that was my Azur Blue (single blue, sky blue, dark factor 0).

Here is a picture where there from right to left, fifi blue violet, azure blue, blue comforter recessive feet, and twig. I always thought she was bright wings, is certain to be winged? Here are more pictures of her.

Great day and thank you for this information

Here are some other parrots to identify their mutation:

green dilute ?
Can't see the entire body but does look like a dilute

blue dilute yellow-face ?
Is this the same one was below?

blue or grey, grey wings yellow face ?
This one is pretty diluted I'd have to say yellow face Dilute

Recessive pied

looks like a yellow face type 1 normal Grey

recessive pied green ? Lutino?
THIS one above here is a Dark Eye Clear - they look like a Lutino(in Green Series) OR albino (in blue series) but their eyes are NOT red(like a lutino /albino) they stay dark, they do NOT get iris rings, males do NOT get blue ceres

It looks at first sight to a lutino, however, it happened again with a female albino. and chicks were so :

Female

male :

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I posted a response to the first four sets of budgies, but then deleted it because I was confused whether the similar-colored birds were the same birds or different birds. I'll re-post this anyway:

FIFI. If same bird, looks like a normal cobalt. Since I'm no expert at mutations, I have no clue whether she has a violet factor.

DOUDOU. If same bird, looks like a recessive pied sky blue.

TIT FRIPE. If same bird, looks like a spangle light green. Possibly opaline?

BRINDILLE. If same bird, looks like a full-body greywing cobalt. Possibly violet factor? (I'm sorry for your loss; she was pretty!)

Here's an excellent site for colors and mutations: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,
Thank you very much for your explanations and your opinion.
I think that's it, Twig was Cobalt gray wings, it seems consistent to me now. Thank you for the links too. I understand mutations better in English than in French,, logical :p

Good day :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Corrections on a few of the mutations

This one is opaline spangle

[/B]

Although the wing markings look grey it is a clearwing not a greywing
Recessive pied, probably also greywing
It could be a dilute but I think it is probably a cinnamon greywing. When the two mutations combine they are hard to tell from dilutes
Cinnamon opaline light green

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,
how are you?
I am reassured to see that I am not alone in hesitating between greywing and clearwing, but cobalt blue greywing seems to me the most coherent:)

Thank you for your opinion. I put you for the pleasure of mutations (I'll let you guide me) some recent photos. I wish you a good day.

and mutations in young budgies and toddlers, how do you identify them?

·
3,676 Posts
I am reassured to see that I am not alone in hesitating between greywing and clearwing, but cobalt blue greywing seems to me the most coherent:)
I wasn't just guessing between greywing & clearwing. As I have bred well over 1,000 budgies and studied mutations & genetics in depth I can tell the difference between greywing & clearwing

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wasn't just guessing between greywing & clearwing. As I have bred well over 1,000 budgies and studied mutations & genetics in depth I can tell the difference between greywing & clearwing
So, you're sure it's a clear wings? Is not Cobalt? Think you.

I have other photos to show you all you ask for your opinion. Because I have some issues regarding this.

I wish you a great sunny day.

dilute yellow-face green ?

dilute blue ?

green-grey dilute or grey dilute yellow-face ?

recessive pied dilute ?

recessive pied green-grey or recessive pied grey with a yellow-face ?

dilute recessive pied grey ?

???

Slate ??

·
3,676 Posts
The problem with dilutes is that the dilute mutation washes the colour out so it is difficult to see any other mutations the birds may have. Also without knowing the breeding of these birds they could be cinnamon greywings that just look like dilutes. Another possibility is that they are pale greywings because there is a lot of variation in the depth of color of greywings. Are they all from one clutch? If so do you have a picture of the parents?

Dilute yellow face blue not green. The yellow on a type 2 yellow face spreads to make the blue areas look greenish

dilute blue ?
This one looks grey. It could be a dilute or it could be a cinnamon greywing

green-grey dilute or grey dilute yellow-face ?
Again it is a type 2 yellow face grey and the spread of the yellow makes it look grey green. It looks dark enough to be a greywing

recessive pied dilute ?
I don't think this one is a dilute. It may be recessive pied but I'd need to see the whole bird to tell

Another type 2 yellow face blue. It will probably look quite green after it's first moult

recessive pied green-grey or recessive pied grey with a yellow-face ?
yellow face grey not grey green

dilute recessive pied grey ?
That's what it looks like
Could be a recessive pied but not a dilute
Are these two pictures the same bird? Looks like a normal grey

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nev90 thank you for your time you spent on these pictures and explanations, I understand better. Mutations are my "Achilles heel".

In fact I find that the dilutions partially hide all other potential mutations. I'll put a photo of the parents as soon as I can (the father appears blue yellow-face carrying recessive pied, the mother appears grey dilute).

(Another point) I have trouble with dilute (and also with clearwings end greywings but it is another thing). I'll show you a couple who makes beautiful diluted. Parents are diluted?

Parents : dilute ??

the brood : dilute ? (1 dilute green and 3 dilute blue)

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
Is this the same bird????
BRINDILLE : blue gray wings? or clear wings? or Full body? (She left us :ugh10: )

So, you're sure it's a clear wings? Is not Cobalt?
"Clearwing" describes the head and wing pattern (which is black on white for the "normal" budgie) and "cobalt" describes the body color, including its dark factor (shade of blue). Nev identified the head and wing pattern as clearwing but did not comment on the body color (which is obviously blue), its "dark factor" (which may be cobalt, i.e., blue with one dark factor) or any color-adding factors (which might be violet). Thus, it's possible that Brindille was a clearwing cobalt violet. (I'm not good enough at colors and mutations to know for certain.)

Clearwing is a type of dilution: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#dilution.
Base color is blue: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#basecolor.
Dark factors: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#darkfactor.
Violet color-adding factor: http://www.***************/colorsguide.html#violet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,

Susanbudgies thank you for these explanations. Yes, both photos are the same bird.

I think that was in effect Cobalt, but I confess I do not know if she had clearwings or greywings, here are photos of very old (several years) of which it might be enlighten you. I think clearwings cobalt.

no flash:

flash

(left, blue, after, dominant pied, after, purple blue, and right, "Brindille")

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.