Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, Kylie (boy) and Autumn (girl) turned eleven years old this past August.

Here are a couple of pictures of today's outing. Autumn is in the stroller. ;)

Kylie had to join Autumn in the stroller a few days ago when his leg was bothering him and she was not at all pleased. She thinks the stroller is hers alone! :giggle:

I've been trying to find a similar stroller that will better accommodate both dogs but haven't yet found a pet stroller big enough.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Wow, I didn't even know they made strollers for dogs.:eek: I have never seen one here in my country.
Nice pics, though! I'm glad Kylie's leg is all better now. :)

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I didn't even know they made strollers for dogs.:eek: I have never seen one here in my country.
Nice pics, though! I'm glad Kylie's leg is all better now. :)
Thanks, Ana. Autumn has a hard time walking very far so she always rides. Kylie is only just beginning to have problems walking so hopefully I'll soon find a double-wide pet stroller that will accommodate the two of them. ;)

I was expecting one of your famous faeryBee images Deb, lol, gorgeous photos though :)
Thanks, Pete!

Great photos, Deb. Your flowers are gorgeous! And of course, so are Kyle and Autumn.
Thank you, Susan!

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Awesome Deb...they look great...:)

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,634 Posts
Wow!! They are gorgeous.. can't tell from the photos if they are Shelties... look more llike Collies.???
They are beautiful. I'm sorry they have problems with distance.. is it in their hips or feet?? My friend has these darling little booties for her corgis to help with aging foot problems for them..
Thanks for posting.. Also your yard looks fabulous.. love the fall colors.
judy
... We have a yellow lab and 2 schnauzers. My lab, Mollie, is developing probs in her hips/ made worse by weight. sigh.

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow!! They are gorgeous.. can't tell from the photos if they are Shelties... look more llike Collies.???
They are beautiful. I'm sorry they have problems with distance.. is it in their hips or feet?? My friend has these darling little booties for her corgis to help with aging foot problems for them..
Thanks for posting.. Also your yard looks fabulous.. love the fall colors.
judy
... We have a yellow lab and 2 schnauzers. My lab, Mollie, is developing probs in her hips/ made worse by weight. sigh.
Judy,
They are Shelties. :)
Autumn has arthritis and also soft tissue damage in her shoulder. Both are starting to develop subcutaneous fatty cysts and Kylie has one under his front leg in the "armpit" area that I think is causing some pain when he walks very far. They both LOVE being outdoors though and I want to give them the opportunity to enjoy the nice fall days.

I know labs are often prone to hip problems. :( I'm sure Mollie and your schnauzers are just as spoiled as Kylie and Autumn. ;)

·
Member of the Month July 2014
3,836 Posts
They are absolutely beautiful Deb, and its wonderful they you take such good care of them and still give them the opportunity to be outdoors :), it's hard to see them age that's for sure my Bassett hound Sophie is 13 now and its very hard...Thanks so much for sharing their gorgeous photos :)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
I guess my cocker spaniel Elvis has very good genes, apart from his skin rashes that he has every once in a while, he is still very active when I walk him out and has no problems at all for a 12 year old, I hope it stays that way for a long time still!! :D

Reactions: LynandIndigo

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Owh Deb that sweet photo is what I needed to see today, they look so gorgeous I hope you get to share many more wonderful walks together:)A twin stroller is coming up soon I am sure.:budgie:
Thank you, Cathy! :hug:

Aww that's so sweet! Kylie and Autumn are gorgeous! :)
Thanks, Wendy.

They are absolutely beautiful Deb, and its wonderful they you take such good care of them and still give them the opportunity to be outdoors :), it's hard to see them age that's for sure my Bassett hound Sophie is 13 now and its very hard...Thanks so much for sharing their gorgeous photos :)
Thank you, Kim. :hug:

I guess my cocker spaniel Elvis has very good genes, apart from his skin rashes that he has every once in a while, he is still very active when I walk him out and has no problems at all for a 12 year old, I hope it stays that way for a long time still!! :D
You are very fortunate and I hope Elvis remains as active as a pup for a long time to come. :)

Wow Deb. I didn't no you could get strollers for dogs but this is to cute. I love your dogs they are so beautiful. May I ask what is the name of the yellow flowers in your garden.
Thanks, Lyn. The yellow flowers are chrysanthemums.

They are adorable :)
And Happy Belated Birthday Kylie and Autumn.
Autumn looks so cool in the stroller :)
You're an amazing mom. Stay blessed. :hug:
Thanks, Juhi

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Kylie

Check on the net under Handicapped pets. They have all sorts of supports /wheels and custom things for ailing animal companions. Before she passed Our Samantha had a special sling that we placed just in the correct place under
her chest or belly as needed. Toward the end when we went out for her to piddle, as we started back in we would stop on the middle of 3 small steps, and look at each other , while we gathered strength for the last few steps. Many blessings for many more years of health and joy for Kylie and Autumn.

Jo A:hug::hug:nn

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check on the net under Handicapped pets. They have all sorts of supports /wheels and custom things for ailing animal companions. Many blessings for many more years of health and joy for Kylie and Autumn.

Jo A:hug::hug:nn
Thank you for that wonderful suggestion, JoAnn -- I didn't think of that and will definitely check for a double stroller there. :hug:

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,722 Posts
Aww, Deb - Never Seen a stroller for Doggies before - how cute and useful at the same time! I'll bet that Autumn feels like the Queen of England in that grand vehicle - I can just imagine her raising a limp paw as she passes all the fans thronging her route! No wonder little Kylie wants a ride too - I sure hope you can find a Doggie 2-Seater - Jo Ann's suggestion sounds very hopeful!

·
Administrator
60,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aww, Deb - Never Seen a stroller for Doggies before - how cute and useful at the same time! I'll bet that Autumn feels like the Queen of England in that grand vehicle - I can just imagine her raising a limp paw as she passes all the fans thronging her route! No wonder little Kylie wants a ride too - I sure hope you can find a Doggie 2-Seater - Jo Ann's suggestion sounds very hopeful!
Thanks, Ollie! Autumn definitely thinks she's the Queen as she rides along looking at the scenery. Every now and then she looks down at Kylie walking alongside the stroller like, "Ha! YOU are just a peon and I'm riding!" No wonder she hated it when Kylie got to share her special chariot twice in the past week! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.