Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a dark green **** split for lutino and cinammon.

His mate is a dominant pied olive.

Will they produce lacewings if so what are the chances in percentage.

They have produced lutino , albinos, dominant pieds and cinammons in the past

thanks.:budgie:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If they have produced lutino's and albino's then we can assume both birds are split for blue. Also, all albinos and lutinos produced would have been girls.

If the **** bird is split albino and cinnamon, then only females will be visual albinos, cinnamons or lacewings. Without getting into the genetics or maths in a long way, i'll just say for every baby this pair produces, there is a 12.5% chance you will get a lacewing female. That being said, for every 10 babies produced by this pair, one chick has a good chance of being lacewing.

Thats 50% female x 50% albino x 50% cinnamon (or 0.5x0.5x0.5x100) = 12.5%.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they have produced lutino's and albino's then we can assume both birds are split for blue. Also, all albinos and lutinos produced would have been girls.

If the **** bird is split albino and cinnamon, then only females will be visual albinos, cinnamons or lacewings. Without getting into the genetics or maths in a long way, i'll just say for every baby this pair produces, there is a 12.5% chance you will get a lacewing female. That being said, for every 10 babies produced by this pair, one chick has a good chance of being lacewing.

Thats 50% female x 50% albino x 50% cinnamon (or 0.5x0.5x0.5x100) = 12.5%.
Thanks for the information Guthwulf,

If i want to increase the percent of lacewing to which type of female should i mate the **** to.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Mating your **** bird to a cinnamon or an ino hen should increase the percentage of lacewings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.