Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the possibility of getting a male lacewing without any visual lacewings.

Wouldn't lacewing split cocks produce only female lacewings?

Could someone please explain

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You are right. A male that is split for lacewing would only produce hens unless he was mated to a lacewing. Is it possible that the hen could have been a lacewing with very faint markings that didn't get noticed?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right. A male that is split for lacewing would only produce hens unless he was mated to a lacewing. Is it possible that the hen could have been a lacewing with very faint markings that didn't get noticed?
Thanks Nev,

Actually the male in the picture was mated to an albino hen and produced three chicks two red eyed and like the **** and one dark eyed which unfortunately died, so does that make the **** lacewing or fallow , i am trying to get pics of the parents and chicks it is with a friend of mine, this was a total surprise for him because he did not have any visual fallows or lacewings and this chick popped up in one of the nests and he thought it was initially a lacewing hen but it turned out to be a male and he bred it to an albino as mentioned above.

So actually the if the male was lacewing the results should be ino cocks/lacewing and lacewing hens if the male was lacewing.

So with the above results could he assume that he has a fallow and that the female albino is also split fallow.

sorry to write such a long post but it is very rare to find a Fallow in Maldives, so he wants to make sure.

Attachments

·
3,676 Posts
A lacewing **** mated to an albino hen couldn't have a dark eyed chick so fallow appears to be the only explanation

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
i cant tell the difference between lacewing and fallow.
do laceswings have red eyes and fallows have black eyes?

·
3,676 Posts
i cant tell the difference between lacewing and fallow.
do laceswings have red eyes and fallows have black eyes?
Both have red eyes. Lacewings are white or yellow with cinnamon wing markings. Fallows come in all colours, have brown wing markings and faded body colour which is usually darker on the lower part of the body

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.