Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have a yellowlace wing hen she was mated with a cinnamon green **** bird as i only had the one lacewing hen and no other bird has lacewing in them as of now
they only had the one baby which looks like the father only
can you tell me if this baby would be male or female please im thinking male and will it ever throw lacewing babies its self when grown and is it called a split lacewing bird then
and if i put the two parents together again later on would they ever have a visual lacewing
thank you for reading:)

G

·
hi
i have a yellowlace wing hen she was mated with a cinnamon green **** bird as i only had the one lacewing hen and no other bird has lacewing in them as of now
they only had the one baby which looks like the father only
can you tell me if this baby would be male or female please im thinking male and will it ever throw lacewing babies its self when grown and is it called a split lacewing bird then
and if i put the two parents together again later on would they ever have a visual lacewing
thank you for reading:)
Your pair will give 100% cinnamon green chicks with males split for inos. Cinnamon males have blue ceres. Cinnamon females have light blue with whitish rings around nostrils in young chicks.

Lacewings are a combination of ino genes and cinnamon genes. Both are sex-linked mutations.

In order to get visual lacewings, the parents both must be inos and the cinnamon genes must be present in the cocks to produce lacewing young hens. Otherwise, they will be split for cinnamons or/and inos.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
This pair will produce all cinnamon chicks. Because the ino & the cinnamon genes have fused together, the male chicks will be split for lacewing and will be capable of producing female lacewing chicks mated with any hen or lacewing chicks of both sexes if mated to a lacewing hen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you jimm and nev for all the detail
i think i understand it better now:)
i want to post the baby soon to see what sex it is
im hoping male so i can get lacewing females when its older because they had only the one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.