Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a lacewing be pied, or does the ino gene mask any pied markings (even on the wing patterns)?

Can a lacewing be creamino?

Can a lacewing have a graywing/clearwing/dilute factor, or would it be masked by the ino gene?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can have a YF white series lacewing. Also, if you had, for example, a lacewing male paired with a dilute female, the female chicks would all be lacewing split to dilute. You can also have opaline lacewings. I think Lindsey (cutelittlebirdies) has an opaline lacewing or two.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
You can get lacewings that are combined with almost any other mutation. I have about 35 lacewings, several are opaline and 2 are yellow face

I recently had 3 opaline spangles lacewing chicks but the wing markings were very light and the birds looked almost like albinos

I have 2 lacewing dilute males, these also look like albinos but they have proved that they are lacewing by the chicks they have produced

Some of my lacewings are split for recessive pied so I expect that eventually there will be some recessive pied lacewing chicks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool thanks! And I assume spangle would also show up in a lacewing?

Are lutino lacewings as bright yellow as lutinos? Some of the pics I've seen look like the whole body is diluted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.