Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Chick is currently 24 days, and it's markings are incredible...

Lovely white body with a violet rump, Cinnamon Wing markings, violet cheek patches and cinnamon throat spots...

What a christmas treat...

Here are pictures of her... (I'm pretty sure it's a Hen)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow! She's beautiful!!! Very unique looking...:)

G

·
The most beautiful lacewing I have ever seen. The cinnamon markings are superb and stunning. Anj, you have done yourself proud.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
What a rare beauty.

The cinnamon and white coloring are very ****ing for the season. She is a wonderful Christmas gift! Have you thought of a name for her? Something winter or Christmas-themed seems really ****ing!

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all lovely compliments...

As requested - here is a picture of the Chicks Mother...

There is an interesting story behind her Mutation, cause 'Violet' has confused me for quite some time!! I always thought she was a Violet Fallow, but her first clutch dispelled this myth when she had three chicks, two of which looked just like their mother.

Nev and Dean help me confirm her mutation, cause one of the Lacewing Chicks turn out to be a ****, which means that she must be a Lacewing with violet suffusion, because if she was a Fallow, she couldn't have produced a Violet Fallow...

Here are the pics of the first clutch...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
That is a beautiful chick Anj. Congratulations. I've got 2 lacewing chicks that have just fledged but their markings are nowhere near as good as your chicks. I'm jealous

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Nev, that's high praise from you!!

I tell you what, if she has another chick that stunning, perhaps we can do a swap!! I'd happily head up your way to make the exchange - after all, my Sister's friend lives just down the road from you, so we could kill two birds with one stone (so to speak!! lol) Afterall, Lacewings are quite rare, so it'd be good for us to stregthen our lines!! Are your chicks hens or cocks?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Thanks Nev, that's high praise from you!!

I tell you what, if she has another chick that stunning, perhaps we can do a swap!! I'd happily head up your way to make the exchange - after all, my Sister's friend lives just down the road from you, so we could kill two birds with one stone (so to speak!! lol) Afterall, Lacewings are quite rare, so it'd be good for us to stregthen our lines!! Are your chicks hens or cocks?
I've only got hens so far (5) but I have 2 cocks that are split for lacewing. The cocks are unrelated to each other and they are the fathers of 4 of the hens - two each. I will pair each **** with a daughter of the other **** so that there is no inbreeding. The 5th hen is unrelated to all the others so I hope to breed some split cocks from her for the next generation but it would be great if we could do a swap next season

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds like a great plan Nev...

I'll keep you posted on the sexes of the other chicks in the clutch - but as I said, I already have the one Lacewing male, so it would be great to find a Hen and a **** to mate them too...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.