Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this girl, with three others at our recent bird fair. (I imagine she is a girl, though I'd love to be confirmed or not) Anyway, I went with the intentions of finding an albino, lacewing, cinnamon, lutino, etc. I found a cinnamon, a yellowface, a beautiful cobalt, and then there was this one. It's name is Butters (though once confirmed as a girl, she'll be Buttercup). I was wondering if she was a lacewing...or not. She has dark eyes, but no coloring on her body except for some markings on her wings. Her body is varying shades of yellow.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Disclaimer: I am no expert. In the first pic, her belly looks blue-ish. If it is, she'd be a YF2. And going on with the assumption that her belly is blue, I'd say yf2 recessive pied. I have one who is also greywing and he has very little markings on his wings at all. But, like I said, I'm no expert and the pics are a tad dark.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The flash in the first picture makes her pale belly look blue :D And I do apologize for the dark pictures, I was taking them early this morning.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
The flash in the first picture makes her pale belly look blue :D And I do apologize for the dark pictures, I was taking them early this morning.
Hmmmm....I have no idea. The best I can do is not a lacewing since her eyes are dark. :D Good luck. I'm certain that someone will come along who knows more.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Lace wings have thin cinnamone markings. They come in white or yellow. They have red eyes.

The lighting is very poor on these photos. It looks to be a cream faced, white (aka dilute) but as I said the lighting and focus is poor enough that I can not tell much else.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
looks like a recessive pied of some sort to me. does it have an iris ring?

if the belly has blueish down low then it is a yf blue rec pied with something diluting the markings (greywing or dilute maybe).

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Okay we will need a closer picture - no flash - natural lighting of the front and back.
Right now the pictures are un clear :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.