Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I didn't want to hijack any ones topic

but from reading on one just a minute ago I think (and thats about all now because something I thought was simple and that I understood fully turns out to be nothing but a huge confusion for me lol)

My 1st way of doing it isn't going to work
By putting Zeus With Ariel Zeus is Normal Sky blue Cinnamon (and as far as i know is split to nothing - Hard to believe I know but so far nothing has come out of hiding) Ariel is Albino Masking Opaline- not sure if she's hiding anything else because she's only produced 3 babies so far 2 albinos 1 Grey spangle opaline(male) I was planning on taking one of their sons and putting it with any Normal Female and I'd have a chance of Lacewing females.

But I thought I had a lacewing but every one is telling me no if it has the light brown markings i"m seeing its just poorly marked or bleeding through since i can't seem to get it to show in pictures even though she has brown tinge on the end of her flight feathers and the outer sides of her tails, her cheek patches are violet and she has brown barrings and wing pattern is brown

So after reading the thread a minute ago and seeing I can take a Male that is Split to Both Cinnamon and Ino and put it with a cinnamon hen I'd get lacewings - unless I misunderstood that of course

I just happened to keep one of my 2 Grey Cinnamon females (they are Zeus's daughters but with a different female)

If I kept one of Zeus and Ariels males and put to the grey cinnamon hen would it give me a better chance at lacewings -

or taking one of their sons and breeding it to the albino I thought(and for now still think) is Lacewing She obviously has cinnamon or else it wouldn't be showing up on her the only downside to that is she is more than likely masking Opaline and the boy will be most likely split to it

But my other concern is no matter which Female I use it'll be a half sibling to the male is that too close? I don't want to inbreed But line breeding further down the line like an Aunt to a nephew etc i know is better
but I wasn't sure if siblings who share one parent but not both parents were too close and still considered inbreeding?

Right now I only have 1 known Cinnamon Male as far as I know he's not split to anything He's only bred successfully with one female who was sky blue like he is and their baby was sky blue as well

and I only have 1 Visual Cinnamon Female

but I have 2 Albinos both Female (in the English) and 2 Albino females (in the American) the one American Albino is masking and split to a lot (dominant pied, Opaline, Grey wing and Recessive pied) plus she's getting up in age and looking older than she is So as of right now she's done breeding she's also going through a heavy molt right now so that doesn't help her look any younger ;)

the other Albino I just got and have set up with a Lutino who isn't split for anything That i'm aware of He was put with a Dominant pied at the previous breeders and they only had pied and normals but I know it can take several breeding's with different mates to show what they're split to and that doesn't eve show everything but I put her with a Lutino who i'm fairly certain has no splits to see what she may be hiding - I have a feeling she's most likely hiding Greywing But I don't want more Grey wings right now so I'm not putting her with a Grey wing male (2 others I got from the exact same cage as her are Greywing so that leads me to think she most likely has it too)

the only other one i have is too young to breed and is a creamino grey wing(the grey wing is bleeding through)

some of my males are split or have a chance to be split to Ino, and I'll have to go back through my records to see if any of those could be split to cinnamon as well.

but out of the scenario I put above which do you think would give me a better chance at lace wings- I know it is not something I'm going to get just by putting 2 birds with all the right mutations together ;)

but if Zeus and Ariel's eggs hatch at least I'll have a good start because all their boys will be split to both ino and cinnamon

hopefully that wasn't too confusing lol

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the bird you thought was a lacewing does look like a marked ino to me too, they can have grey or brownish markings showing through... however if she has pale violet cheek patches and a cinnamon tail quill then she is likely to be a pale lacewing. a straight albino should not have colour in the cheek patches or quills.

you could try putting her to one of the split cinnamon and ino males you are breeding. there would still need to be a cross over for chicks in the first generation but they will produce split lacewing males if she is lacewing.

the other plan you had with the chicks of zeus and ariel, and breeding a male chick to a normal hen would give you the same chance of lacewings as any other option (other than using a lacewing to breed more). there needs to be a cross over but that always is needed to create the lacewing to start with, then they are easier to breed.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bird you thought was a lacewing does look like a marked ino to me too, they can have grey or brownish markings showing through... however if she has pale violet cheek patches and a cinnamon tail quill then she is likely to be a pale lacewing. a straight albino should not have colour in the cheek patches or quills.

you could try putting her to one of the split cinnamon and ino males you are breeding. there would still need to be a cross over for chicks in the first generation but they will produce split lacewing males if she is lacewing.

the other plan you had with the chicks of zeus and ariel, and breeding a male chick to a normal hen would give you the same chance of lacewings as any other option (other than using a lacewing to breed more). there needs to be a cross over but that always is needed to create the lacewing to start with, then they are easier to breed.
Thanks I knew it would take a while to get it - just all the website make it sound like its not complicated to actually achieve it that I've read on LOL

would breeding half siblings be closely related and be more of inbreeding than line breeding?

I don't want to breed relations that are too close together but I know to get some mutations or at least get it started line breeding is usually the best way to accomplish it.

because right now I don't have any that have the right mutations that aren't related some how or another

now I do have Ariel and Shadow's Son set up with a female and he's possibly split to both ino and cinnamon but I wouldn't know unless their eggs hatch and I'm not sure if they actually mated his mate has only given me one baby the last few times I sat her up she jumped the gun a bit and just went straight in and started laying eggs. but he is this albinos Brother so his son would be her nephew I know that's a bit further away than Half siblings and may work better if he is split to both that is.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i would keep going with the mating you have started, despite the nephew - aunt realtionship. it should be distant enough to not be a problem, and as they are already together....

i would choose this over a sibling or parent -child mating.

if zeus is cinnamon and ariel ino then the son will be split for both.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would keep going with the mating you have started, despite the nephew - aunt realtionship. it should be distant enough to not be a problem, and as they are already together....

i would choose this over a sibling or parent -child mating.

if zeus is cinnamon and ariel ino then the son will be split for both.
Thank you :)

Just needed to reconfirm my plan wasn't breeding too closely related :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.