Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started learning mutations today,so i practiced on my tamed budgie,blu:p
I think he is a yellowface type 2
I know he isnt type 1 because they are sky blue and their body color doesnt mix.
Am i right here are some pictures

his tail markings say so as well:p

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would say that he is a Yellowface Type 2.

Yellowface Type 1 budgies do not show diffusion of yellow into the body feathers usually (although there are certain cases where the diffusion is seen).

Yellowface 2 budgies also have a cream colour feathers between the stripes.

Your budgie has the Yellowface limited to the face and the tail feathers. The yellow also seems slightly lighter than most yellowface 2 I've seen around.

Yellowface Type 2 would turn the blue colour slightly greenish after the first moult.
From the looks of it, your Skyblue budgie still looks Skyblue even after finishing a moult.

However I am slightly confused about the third picture. It seems like he has a diffusion of yellow in the wings? Or is that the lighting? The second picture doesn't show any yellow in the wings. Looks White with black stripes, like a Yellowface 2 Skyblue would look like.

I could still be wrong about your budgie though, it's my opinion. So wait for the experts to answer :)

Here is my Yellowface 2 Skyblue. Notice the cream colour between wing stripes and greenish appearance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Blu and Emmett look nearly identical, though to me, Blu looks greener. :)

Blu looks like a yf 2 to me too, because his body is greener than sky blue and he's got pale yellow on his wings and tail.

Yellowface genetics is confusing. Yellowface 1 doesn't have more than slight yellow suffusion. Yellowface 2 and goldenface can both have just a little and a lot of suffusion, and oddly, as I understand it, single factor yf2 and gf have more suffusion than double factor. :p

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Blu and Emmett look nearly identical, though to me, Blu looks greener. :)

Blu looks like a yf 2 to me too, because his body is greener than sky blue and he's got pale yellow on his wings and tail.

Yellowface genetics is confusing. Yellowface 1 doesn't have more than slight yellow suffusion. Yellowface 2 and goldenface can both have just a little and a lot of suffusion, and oddly, as I understand it, single factor yf2 and gf have more suffusion than double factor. :p
Blue didn't look green to me in the first 2 pictures which is where my confusion lies.
If you say he looks green, then he is most likely Yellowface Type 2 :D

Another picture of |Emmett|

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your budgie is a type 1 yellow face sky blue. Although the yellow has spread slightly it has not spread anywhere near as much as it would in a type 2 yellow face.

There is often a slight spread of yellow in type 1 yellow faces in spite of the ideal exhibition description saying no spread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.