Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... Lemony decides it's time to sneak out of their room and stealthily flies in to Kaden's room and promptly clunks in to the window. (not so stealthy now)... As I approach her, she actually flew to me and LANDED on my arm.
This is the 2nd time of late she has sought me out when she is scared. As you may remember, she is usually indifferent or very aloof. She's the one that if you offer your finger, she sometimes leans so far back to avoid it, she has actually slipped off her perch. (sometimes she steps right up and sometimes she bites me... she is multitalented, you see! lol)
OK.. the question: Do you think this means she sees me as safe? Or just any port in the storm?

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
The way I see it, your Lemony did come to you for comfort since she flew and landed on you on purpose. Most likely she wanted you to lead her back to the safety of her cage. Even though your Lemony has set strict boundaries when it comes to the more close interaction with you, she trusts you enough in a time of need to lead her back to safety and that's good. She comes to you on her own terms and with time, this trust she has in you may very well increase if you let her go at her own pace. :)

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
I agree with Anna , I feel she sees you as being a safe and reliable perch who she can trust at a time of need and on her terms.
Fifo does this with me also on a couple of occasions he hasn't been able to stop and flies right up the stairs into unknown territory. I go up and he will come and sit on my head then we make our way back down again where he promptly takes off once he is in familiar surrounds.:budgie:

·
Member of the Month June 2015
2,510 Posts
Oh poor Lemony! I hope she was okay after her crash? (A budgie wearing a crash helmet has suddenly popped into my head :D)

I definitely believe that Lemony's trust in you is starting to grow although she likes her independence to do it herself if she is able - you are her back up :)

Budgies are just sooooo cute :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
The way I see it, she begins to trust you enough to perch and soon you can walk having her perched on your arm and your shoulders! :) These unsure movements are just the beginning! Then she will go all over you and perch wherever she can! :p
I am looking forward to her next steps! :)

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone! I admit I am a wee bit encouraged and hopeful about the little Lemon. She was rather pleasant this morning and when coming out of her cage today. She buzzed me a time or two when flying about the room, but I sort of like that... it reminds me of a kid making a face at me. She is a goofball, that's for sure! Never dull with Lemony around!;)

·
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is indeed a diva.. to the max! Today, after being relatively pleasant, .... when coming out of the cage, she decided to reinforce her stature as the queen and bit me. Now, I didn't exactly see that one coming as she started to step up so nice, then bit me and flew to the other side of the cage. We tried again and no bite, but she didn't want to leave her cage at the moment. So she didn't... LOL:D
She is such a funny one. Sigh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.