Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
My guess would be sister's...the pied could be a boy though...:)
very pretty bird's...congrat's...:)

·
Administrator
55,321 Posts
The blue spangle is definitely female.

Could you post a close up picture of the pied's cere taken in natural light (but not direct sunlight) so I can see the color more clearly? My initial thought is male but I need a better picture to commit totally to that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the blue spangle is the lilac coloured one, right? I'm not good at budgie types! The pet shop owner said they were all males (?) The white (pied) one was a bit difficult to photograph. He/she has one larger nostril on the cere. I think it's injured. So the inner part of the one half of the cere isn't showing. I will try to get a better pic tomorrow. Thank you so much, everyone!

·
Super Moderator
18,008 Posts
Yes, blue spangle is the lilac coloured one. I would say probably a cobalt spangle. She's very pretty and definitely not male! :giggle:
Any names yet?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eeeee! I'm so excited! I've been thinking LOTS about names. Maybe Coconut for the pied and Macaroon for the spangle. It's hard to think of lilac-related names. But Macaroons are all pastel colours. I also liked Dusk. But maybe I can call her a more feminine name now I know she's a hen. :)
Here are closer photos of the pied. I will take better ones tomorrow. You can see that the left nostril has been made larger, maybe during a scuffle.

Attachments

·
Administrator
55,321 Posts
Eeeee! I'm so excited! I've been thinking LOTS about names. Maybe Coconut for the pied and Macaroon for the spangle. It's hard to think of lilac-related names. But Macaroons are all pastel colours. I also liked Dusk. But maybe I can call her a more feminine name now I know she's a hen. :)
Here are closer photos of the pied. I will take better ones tomorrow. You can see that the left nostril has been made larger, maybe during a scuffle.
I'll have to wait until you get better pictures tomorrow to commit on the pied.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi everyone, these are my two new budgies. They're siblings. The photos have been taken in natural light. So all help on sexing them would be great. :) :budgie:
the pied is a **** bird with an injury in the left nostril.//// keep an eye on. The other bird is a hen

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
2,335 Posts
I disagree... I think you have two boy's.. but I could always be wrong. I just don't see any white on either of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.