Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all it’s been a while since I’ve been on. I have unfortunately lost a couple of fids so to even out the flock I purchased this beauty. I’m really hoping it is a female. What are your thoughts? Thank you in advance 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi StarlingWings. Thank you for your reply. I will post more pictures tomorrow too. I’ll be in quite a pickle if your right though. Eek! The store manager was confident it is a female but I wasn’t sure myself.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are some more photos...I’m having a really hard time getting the right colour to show. The images almost look like a uniform pink but in person it is actually seems more white on the top and a bit around the nostrils with a touch of blue/purple tint on the bottom and sides. Hope these are better.... the last image is a bit blurry but shows the white around the nostrils a bit better maybe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
I'm still leaning towards boy, but I see how it's hard to tell. I do see a bit of white around the nostrils, although the shape and "roundness" of the cere very much suggests boy.

This one's hard! :dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree and that is what I was looking at as well. Well it’s unfortunate for me but I won’t return him even though I was assured without a doubt he was a she by the manager...
Now I’m not sure what to do— Separate my mated pair from the other 2 males or go shopping again haha but even though I have the room I don’t really want more at this time. I now have 3 males 2 one female. Not good at all. Guess I should have waited until I found one I could be certain was a female... He is beautiful though. I did fall for another first but I was 100% certain it was a male so I passed on him.
Any guesses on age? Many thanks StarlingWings!!

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,764 Posts
I also say girl. Even on the first photos, taking a close long look, I see some chalky appearance and a hint of light bluish white.

Definitely ambiguous looking though! StarlingWings is someone who is usually accurate :), but I see how this particular one can look different to different people and on different screens.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! That is definitely making me feel better. I know everyone who has replied is very knowledgeable and I appreciate ALL the replies. As noted already by others the colours are sometimes very hard to accurately show on the computer. Especially because my photos are coming from a cell phone and not a higher quality camera. 🙂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.