Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been taking lots of videos of Rickey lately as I have been spending TONS of time with him. Now that Lucy is gone he has changed so much and becoming such a ham. When Lucy was around he never touched toys or really played with anything. He has always been outgoing but lately whoa has he changed. I'm happy we still have a few more weeks alone with him before tweetsum joins him I'm rather enjoying his growth.

This first video I swear in the beginning he says tweet tweet. Am I hearing things or is this for real? I really think he is playing with sound and trying to talk.

· Registered
383 Posts
He let me touch under his wing and rub that would be a first he has let me help him preen I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it

Here is the first time I have ever seen him play with a toy j think Lucy didn't let him play because he never did. He was going nuts

. Don't worry I wasn't getting spit on his treat

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes indeed! It certainly sounds as though Rickey said "tweet-tweet" :giggle:
Rickey looks very happy and obviously the time you are spending with him is paying dividends. :)

My Skipper says "Peep, Peep, Peep" and I think it is just adorable. :)
T
He sounds soo funny I can't get over his silly but cute voice. We keep watching that part and are rolling in the floor. :giggle::laughing: I sure hope he is happy it has been 4 weeks today since Lucy's loss. But honestly I think she held him back and he wasn't the bird he wanted to be.

· Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
What a sweet little guy. He obviously likes you scratching him, by the way
he lifts his wing for it. Thanks for sharing the video's...:)

Reactions: StarlingWings

· Super Moderator
6,246 Posts
He let me touch under his wing and rub that would be a first he has let me help him preen I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it

Here is the first time I have ever seen him play with a toy j think Lucy didn't let him play because he never did. He was going nuts

He seems very happy and it's really nice that he will let you touch him. I want to warn you about that mirror toy. I have the same one and one of my birds got his head caught between the yellow ring that spins and the frame. I was there when it happened so I was able to help free his head, after that I tied that yellow ring to the frame so it no longer spins. I would have gotten rid of it but all my guys love it I have it mounted to the end of one of the perches on their bird tree.

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

He seems very happy and it's really nice that he will let you touch him. I want to warn you about that mirror toy. I have the same one and one of my birds got his head caught between the yellow ring that spins and the frame. I was there when it happened so I was able to help free his head, after that I tied that yellow ring to the frame so it no longer spins. I would have gotten rid of it but all my guys love it I have it mounted to the end of one of the perches on their bird tree.
I can see how he could get stuck I don't leave it in his cage all day because I don't want to become obsessed over his reflection. It's only on there if I'm with home or ok holding it up for him.

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Your Rickey is such a sweet boy and he clearly loves you very much!
And on that first video he is for sure making the mumbling sounds budgies do when they are about to learn their first words. :)

Reactions: StarlingWings

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your Rickey is such a sweet boy and he clearly loves you very much!
And on that first video he is for sure making the mumbling sounds budgies do when they are about to learn their first words.
I sure hope he starts saying words we are trying to teach him peekaboo. I swear he does say Rickey though I'm probably just hearing things. We have had him for almost t years and he is just starting now.

· Registered
218 Posts
"They certainly make my days better, gives me someone to love when my kiddos are at school."

Yes. I live alone. My daughter is grown up. I feel my birdies give me something to shower love upon. It is so important to me to have beings to love in my household. I can be much more uninhibited in showering love on my birds that on grown up humans.

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cuteness overload prepare yourselves lol

So I have finally got around to uploading some of the videos of the budgies. There are a lot of Tweetsum because I have been training he a lot and well since Rickey has put some weight on since Lucy passed away he doesn't get as many treats. He love his veggies so I'm trying to stick with those more. Anyways hope they will load and you enjoy some of the amazing moments we have been sharing
Copying and pasting from my clipboard hope you can view them
Enjoy

Rickey sweet talking to Tweetsum
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6LifbgRxw"]Rickey and Tweetsum the budgies - YouTube[/nomedia]

Treats for the Tweets
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asilho8AyGg"]Tweetsum the budgie loves treats - YouTube[/nomedia]

Tweetsum trilling
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99GzCyZJh1w"]Tweetsum the budgie talks on video for the first time - YouTube[/nomedia]

· DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
422 Posts
Yes. I live alone. My daughter is grown up. I feel my birdies give me something to shower love upon. It is so important to me to have beings to love in my household. I can be much more uninhibited in showering love on my birds that on grown up humans.[/QUOTE]

I completely understand this sentiment.....There are days I wouldn't want to get out of bed if it wasn't for my birds needing me :sad:
They return the love you give to them....never question your moods.....and don't judge you if you look like a pile of poo :001_tongue:

Live without birds? I don't think so :lovers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.