Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I love Linnies. I had two of them a couple of years ago. Mine were both dilute females. one was a turquoise dilute and the other was a olive dilute. They were both so beautiful. The turquoise was super tame and so adventurous and the olive was not tame. She was supposed to have been hand fed but I got them at the same time from the same breeder and the olive was older and hadn't been handled for a while. Even after two years she was always terrified of me. Sadly Ava the turquoise met with a tragic accident and I ended up placing Siri with a breeder. When I decided to get birds again I decided to go with Budgies instead for 3 main reasons. First cost. Linnies are very expensive, second their nails grow really fast and tend to curl. They need to be clipped regularly whereas my budgies nails wear down pretty well with sandy perches. Lastly budgie droppings are pretty easy to clean up and Linnie's are a bit messy. Even with that I still would have chosen them if they weren't so expensive. Good luck with your new baby. I am sure that you will love them. Try the forehead rub. My linnies loved for me to rub my forehead to their's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.