Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two little buddies have 1 more week in quarintine and I wanted to get their mutations written down. So if someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Gabriel

Angelina

Thanks

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
the pied also looks clear wing don't you think teasha?
I've been studying pieds lately and there is a few kinds:
dominant pied - has clear wing feathers and belly patch
dominant clearflight - has clear wing can have clear patch up high
recessive - has some color on rump
frosted - have show you a pic

So I still think dominant pied, also they get iris ring when recessive do not. I'm pretty sure anyhow.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the pied also looks clear wing don't you think teasha?
hi there,

i agree with teasha, grey dominant pied with a very cool head marking! my first thought is that the second one is a cobalt yellow face type 1...

clearwing is the variety where all the markings are very pale grey.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
hi there,

i agree with teasha, grey dominant pied with a very cool head marking! my first thought is that the second one is a cobalt yellow face type 1...

clearwing is the variety where all the markings are very pale grey.
:D I'm getting better!

And I did not know that about clearwing, good to know...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I agree. Dominant pied grey male & yellow face cobalt female. (The yellow face is probably type 1)

The pied is a very good example of a dominant pied, which is not the same as a clearflight pied even though both mutations have clear flight feathers

It is quite common for people to confuse the mutation names "Clearwing" & "Clearflight" but the two mutations don't look at all alike.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replys! Its great to hear their mutation confirmed. Thanks everyone. They are so excited for next week! They are just converted to pellets (These past 2 weeks, I've converted ALL of my birds to pellets and I'm so excited :) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.