Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there has been a lot of lovin' going on amongst my guys lately! I am trying to discourage breeding, but I have some very determined budgies! They don't care if it's dark, they still sing :rolleyes: but on the plus side after seeing Marli invite Smudge to mate with her, and then watching his bungled attempts at it, seeing Marli get bored and give up on him :p it seems Smudge is definitely a boy! I wondered as my boy Skylar has taken a shine to Smudge and they do little flirty dances together! Marli and Marlow's love affair seems to have cooled off too! But anyway, to the point :p Smudge has been confusing me on his mutation too, he seems to have a little green vest and is a diluted colour when compared to Sparks who has no dilution (Sparks is another yellow I have), I thought maybe recessive pied like Sparks, but Smudge is now getting quite a blue cere and I am sure I see some faint grey iris rings coming in.

Sorry for the poor photo, it was part of a bigger one with most of the budgies in it so I've cropped it down to try and make him easier to see. He's such a tiny little boy :p

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Looks like a light green dominant pied. I can't tell if he's a dilute, greywing, or cinnamon from this picture, but I'm leaning towards dilute.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :D I know the picture is awful quality, so sorry! I took a few pics of all the birds so have just cropped the individuals out of the big pics, but if it helps his barring across his back and neck is a very pale green colour. I love how his pattern makes it look like he is wearing a little vest, you can't see here but it goes along his belly too.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again, updating this one too as I have a better pic, and one from the front, does it help at all to figure out his mutation? The dilute part? Those bars on his back are a light green like his 'bib' :) Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.