Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I go over there now and people are looking at the budgies I always ask them if they have any...lol then go into how sweet they are ..and how calming it is hearing them chirp away during the day. LOL even told the girl there a few things on taking care of them. I would get fired right as soon as I started talking....no work would get done!!!

I am chuckling when I am thinking of Countryside....I go there so much (and take my puppy) that she gets all excited when we pull in the parking lot...and many of the workers know her by name. LOL and that is only my weekly trip there....how bad would I be if I worked in a pet store!!!

· Super Moderator
20,042 Posts
Remember, if you have a job you have a schedule and part of the best part of being retired is not having to be anywhere at any given time.

Besides, you'd be taking time away from your budgies, your dog and your gardening!
Yes, yes, :iagree:

I wanna be retired! But I have a few decades before that :laughing:

Whose going to spoil the babes when you're away, hmmm? :rolleyes:

· Registered
12,338 Posts
OH DEAR The temptation will surely be tested if this is achieved.
I can honestly say I would not be able to do it, I would not let the budgies go to anyone I thought was not caring e:decision::slap:nough.

· Super Moderator
20,042 Posts
OH DEAR The temptation will surely be tested if this is achieved.
I can honestly say I would not be able to do it, I would not let the budgies go to anyone I thought was not caring e:decision::slap:nough.
Me too, Cathy!

Me: *to customer* What? You'd like a budgie? Do you have any other pets? Is the cage 18 x 18 x 18? What diet are you giving them? Do you know your avian vet? Do you know what an avian vet is? Will they be a single bird? Are you going to spend time with them? Is the cage by any drafts? Are you aware of the "budgie danger" list, including Teflon pans, household cleaners, hair products and perfumes, just to name a few? Are you familiar with the correct method of taming? Do you realize that cozy hut can be fatal? Are you prepared to purchase many different toys to satisfy your budgie's needs? Wait, where are you going??

Customer: *walks away* No just kidding I think I'll stick with dogs. :eek:

Boss: Stop scaring our customers! :mad:

· Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
Me too, Cathy!

Me: *to customer* What? You'd like a budgie? Do you have any other pets? Is the cage 18 x 18 x 18? What diet are you giving them? Do you know your avian vet? Do you know what an avian vet is? Will they be a single bird? Are you going to spend time with them? Is the cage by any drafts? Are you aware of the "budgie danger" list, including Teflon pans, household cleaners, hair products and perfumes, just to name a few? Are you familiar with the correct method of taming? Do you realize that cozy hut can be fatal? Are you prepared to purchase many different toys to satisfy your budgie's needs? Wait, where are you going??

Customer: *walks away* No just kidding I think I'll stick with dogs. :eek:

Boss: Stop scaring our customers! :mad:
I think there is a gang of us out there, I've also given advice to people looking to buy budgies at PetSmart, after a few minutes they are probably thinking "I have to get out of here".:giggle: One time I saw 2 people looking at a cage that was not big enough for any animal, let alone a bird. I proceeded to tell them about a good size cage and that the bird should also have out of the cage time and sadly they just did not understand.

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,742 Posts
Oh my, it would take a lot of restraint and a very strong will for a budgieholic to resist the ongoing temptation daily! And this is not just for the budgies, but for the other pet birds in the shop too! :eek:

No matter the outcome, I hope things turn out for the best. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.