2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are these rare? These are such beautiful colors :eek:

EDIT

I just had to Add this one..its gorgeous, tho I know its not rare colors

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yep the first one is rare, Anthracite or something. The second one, not so rare..I'm trying to breed that colour myself. I love that violet colour. :)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
we have a pair of twins like the second one at the store.. though they are a bit darker :)...

i love the last one.. what kind of mutation is it??

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If i was to take a crack at the last one i would say it is a double factor yellow face type 2 (or double factor golden face) dominant pied opaline sky blue. I suspect it's been bred as a rainbow so there might be clearwing, or even spangle in there.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
hmm.. with some speices of bird.. if you breed certain types te chicks will have no colour at all and some turn out.. well.. really ugly lol..

is is the same with budgies.. like only a few certian types of mutations can mix?

or does it not matter... unless you want a specific morph?

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
Those colours are beautiful! I've always wanted a violet.

·
Sombody get the duct tape
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep the first one is rare, Anthracite or something. The second one, not so rare..I'm trying to breed that colour myself. I love that violet colour. :)
Yeppers it is =D and the last one is rainbow

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
They sure are stunning :)

I have yet to see a Grey Recessive Pied... imagine how lovely he will be :) I wonder if a Grey Pied is even possible...

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I think she may...

What I mean by Grey Pied is like a budgie that is all white and only has grey on his wings. Maybe a Grey Double factor would be a better term to put it in.

·
Budgie Addict :)
6,526 Posts
Those are some gorgeous mutations. I'd love to have a violet one day.

·
Registered
138 Posts
um i dont think they are i have both n the pet shop i got them from has alot of both they look actlly the same both male as well ...... they are handsome birds... here are mien

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.