Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At lunchtime earlier, Téo and I made a great show of (each) eating a small leaf of raw silver beet.
(I mean, how loyal and dedicated can that 6-year-old be?)

Clouds did look at us with great interest but went for his mix of seeds and pellets anyway. He's got his pride you see. Except that, as I worked, I noticed that he was still eyeing the leaf we had pegged to his mini-gym. Come afternoon tea time and Ta-daaaaa!

The most observant amongst you will have noticed Téo sitting at his own desk, just behind the cage, doing some colouring while listening to a story. He's home sick today so we just enjoy sharing the space quietly. Clouds looks very happy about it too. He went back to his cage between lunch and afternoon tea to have a little nap in the sun. When he does that he's right between Téo and I.

Every day should be as happy and peaceful as this one.

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
YAY wonderful achievement, Clouds is progressing exceptionally well you should be very proud both of you Teo and yourself are being great budgie parents. Keep up the great work, Karma to you for such a break through. :budgie:

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
One Clouds success story after another. I hope the day off school spent with his favorite bird buddy helped your little guy recover some...:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YAY wonderful achievement, Clouds is progressing exceptionally well you should be very proud both of you Teo and yourself are being great budgie parents. Keep up the great work, Karma to you for such a break through. :budgie:
Thank you Cathy! Ww would never have been able to make such progress without your help and that of all the wonderful people here :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One Clouds success story after another. I hope the day off school spent with his favorite bird buddy helped your little guy recover some...:)
Thanks for the kind comment Randy, and once again thanks for all the support. I am over the moon with he quick and awesome progress we're making with Clouds. None of it would have happened without you guys.

He's a darling little bird (even though he thinks he's a very important English gentleman).

Téo is just fighting a cold and I have had enough of him struggling in vain so for the last two days I decided we'd do much better having an easy time together.
Also, when he's here he can't infect the other kids at school... just me! :sick:

·
Administrator
55,917 Posts
What a devoted friend Téo is -- It says as great deal that he was willing to eat beet leaf to show little Clouds it is safe to try.
You must be SO proud :proud: of him.

Clouds is a very fortunate little man to have both you and Téo looking after him today and has certainly made great strides in his progress in short order. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What a devoted friend Téo is -- It says as great deal that he was willing to eat beet leaf to show little Clouds it is safe to try.
You must be SO proud :proud: of him.

Clouds is a very fortunate little man to have both you and Téo looking after him today and has certainly made great strides in his progress in short order. :thumbsup:
You could say that these two were made for each other :) It becomes clearer by the day why Téo was so set on this bird out of the dozens available.

Somehow this boy still manages to amaze me on a regular basis. You'd think that I'd gotten used to it by now ;)

The added advantage of bird training -which I frankly never expected- is that Téo has now solemnly vowed that he would never make another negative comment about veggies (at least not in front of his bird).

I mean, as awesome as he is, he's still a six-year-old boy so we don't often get things like: 'Yay! broccoli!' (although strangely it works with ice-cream, go figure...)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Way to go Clouds!! :woot::party: It's great that he decided to try out the leafy veggie and realized it's actually tasty! :D

It really is very sweet to see just how much Téo loves Clouds, I can certainly relate to him, my love for budgies began the moment I laid eyes on my first pair of budgies back when I was just 5 years old.
Suffice to say, 27 years later and I continue to be a bird lover and can't see my life without my budgie companions. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.