Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have ideas for a playgym that will not require saws or going and buying exact screws and drilling holes through a certain sized stick?

I wanted something that I could just make easily and inexpensively using tools other than a bunch of expensive power tools that I don't have...
(Pictures would be appreciated)

·
Administrator
55,917 Posts

There are easy ways to make playgyms on the cage top if you have a flat top cage.
You can use bendable rope perches, grapevine perches, and various toys.

You can also buy sundecks for the side of your cage which will allow you to hang toys on the outside of the cage as well.

You can see pictures of what I'm describing by looking at my thread:
http://talkbudgies.com/budgie-pictures/354537-faerybee-flock-ongoing-thread.html

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
The only way I can think of assembling a play gym without at least drilling some, and purchasing materials, screws, etc. is to take existing bolt on toys, and ladders and use their attachments to bolt directly onto the top of the cage. Of course this works best if your cage top is flat :). Good luck with this, I'd love to see what you come up with. All it takes is a little creativity!

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
I have to admit, I just bought a playgym for my birds but mostly now, I do what Deb suggested and create a play area for them on top of their cages.
The best thing about doing it this way is contained poop. :D

This was how I had my cages the other week. It's changed a little since then but they have the perches joining two cages like that still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.