Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well She is doing fine. Have not come up with a name yet but leaning towards Avocado :). All the love birds here have red around the face as they are Rosy faced or peach faced Love birds. She has not a spot of the red at all just olive green or "Avocado" green :) and the peach color under the beak. The vet even mentioned that she was a mutation of some kind as she had no red coloring.
ive her scritches with no problems.

I have not been working as much as I would like but I can put my finger in the cage and she will come up right away for nibbles and if I put my hand in the cage it will take about 20 seconds to get her to hop on my hand and she lets me give her scritches with no problems.

I can take her out but she wants to fly away and land on Jaz (the dog). Silly girl :). If I hold her on my finger I can pet her whole back and tummy and rub her face and neck for a few minutes before she wants to fly away. So I guess I am doing ok with her.

Today when I had my hand in I noticed she was trying to rub in the water from the water bottle, its about 1/4 inch wide by 1-1/2 inches long. Again silly girl :). So being the quick learner I am I put in a shallow bowl of water and sh went down and fluttered in it right away.

So after she went up to clean and preen she was wondering what you all think is her best side, right or left? :D

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
She's a beauty Rick... I think avocado would be a cool name...:cool:

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
I think both sides are equally adorable!!

However, in the two pictures her right side is in more light so it's easier to see -- but that was because of the positioning. ;)

It sounds like she (and you) are doing GREAT!!
Avocado is definitely a cute name (but I still like Clover) :giggle:

Thanks for the update, Rick!

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Ahh more pix of our adorable little Princess Avocado and great name (but not so great food for the birdies) :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I love her! She is just adorable! Avocado is cute. I guess you could have named her that without knowing her gender tho :)

BTW, my parrotlet would fly away at first when I got him too. she'll stop with time. mine loves to stay with me now.

Reactions: Budgiekeet

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
One Turquoise parrotlet "Brady", and 25+ budgies :).
Oooooooo, I'd love to hear about how the lovebird compares to your parrotlet now and as things progress!?

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Aww, she's such a cutie and I see she is already in the bathing mood!! :D
Most of my lovebird flock has baths almost on a daily basis or every other day, my Nico even bathes twice a day sometimes!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.