Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I left a review on this wheel in the budgie review area to give other people the idea to let their birds try it for a way to safely burn energy while in their cage. After patiently waiting she finally ran so I could get it on video and show you all :giggle:
It is a little further away because she stops doing it if I get too close. :)
At one point after I stopped recording she started running too fast and spun in the whole thing. I cried laughing..:)

I've made the second video public, didn't realize it automatically set itself to private!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
That's so funny, Belle has her own treadmill and she really loves it, it's like she's training for a marathon!! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can definitely picture some Rocky Balboa music when she's doing her, what I like to call, "T-Rex run" :giggle:

I would love to see if your Peachy, Poppy and Pedro take to it like Belle has, Deb. :)

·
Administrator
60,634 Posts
I can definitely picture some Rocky Balboa music when she's doing her, what I like to call, "T-Rex run" :giggle:

I would love to see if your Peachy, Poppy and Pedro take to it like Belle has, Deb. :)
Oh goodness -- now I have that music and Belle running to it stuck in my mind! :laughing:

Kerry, I just checked on-line and PetSmart is supposed to have the hamster wheels available in their stores, so I'll be running over to the store near my house tomorrow in hopes of getting one. :cool:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
O M G, now this is definitely my first time seeing a bird doing a hamster wheel and Belle is just jammin'!:laughing:

This will be a most memorable scene and thanks for sharing it, Kerry!:clap:

Reactions: FaeryBee and Kare

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you from Belle and myself!! :)

She certainly got hang of it again quickly for not having it in her cage about 2 and a half years :D

The man at the family-owned pet store we go to called her a "witch on wheels" when I told him about it :giggle:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Thank you from Belle and myself!! :)

She certainly got hang of it again quickly for not having it in her cage about 2 and a half years :D

The man at the family-owned pet store we go to called her a "witch on wheels" when I told him about it :giggle:
Aww that's not a very nice name! I'd prefer to call her Speedy Queen!:giggle:

·
Administrator
60,634 Posts
What size did you all buy?
Gaby,

I bought an 8 1/2" wheel for Peachy yesterday.
However, when I took Peachy out of his cage and showed it to him, he decided he was afraid of it. :laughing:

He flew onto the top of his cage where he proceeded to flap his wings and squawk repeatedly at me. I laid it down on the floor and then he came and got on my shoulder. When I picked the wheel back up - he flew back on top his cage and repeated the behavior. :rolleyes:

Today I took Peachy and the new wheel downstairs sat down on the floor with him and put some millet in the wheel to try to get him to accept it. He refused to get any closer than about a foot away from it. Something tells me this may be a S..l..o..w process. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.