Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My light green spangle **** was bred to a sky blue cinnamon hen. In the first clutch I was surprised by an albino and realized he carries the gene. In the current clutch a 2nd red eye chick is growing yellow feathers -- Lutino :S . So would this be then called an Ino gene and the same gene would create both? I have looked through google and yahoo and find lots of descriptions but do not see a place that will describe this gene in terms a humble human with average intelligence will understand. :p . I was wanting to create sky blue spangle as that is one of my favorite varieties but will keep my little albino and lutino hens. Oh and this next week Boca the mom will be retired as she and Pickles have added some beautiful little spangles to my flock.:budgie:

edited to correct a spelling error

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Albino & lutino are both the same mutation and the gene is called ino. Albino is the blue form and lutino is the green form

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys. I appreciate the quick answer. All this time I thought the Lutino and Albino were separate mutations and this confused me a bit. Now I am educated on that -ino gene.

Annette

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.