Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Peep is a male, judging by his cere, but its changing a little bit. If he was a girl, what would it look like? Ive never seen (I don’t think) a picture of a female lutino.

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Yeah, judging by your signature, I would say that Peep is definitely male. If it were female, the cere would be a light brown. Could you maybe post a picture, like a head on shot of the cere, that would definitely help! But from your signature, I'd say Peep is male!:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, I was wonderin about my lutino too. I read that all lutinos hav light coloured ceres so its hard to tell the sex. Here is a pic of mine, i think she is female! Her cere is white/pale blue.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Your lutino looks male. A female lutino's cere will be white, pale blue, tan or brown the same as females of other mutations

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Hey, I was wonderin about my lutino too. I read that all lutinos hav light coloured ceres so its hard to tell the sex. Here is a pic of mine, i think she is female! Her cere is white/pale blue.
This one looks female

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good to hear I have a female too, like I thought. But I am a bit confused now cause I thought blue ceres were for boys??

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Good to hear I have a female too, like I thought. But I am a bit confused now cause I thought blue ceres were for boys??
Well, you are right, blue ceres are for males, but the males have a farker, more noticeable blue cere, whereas if a female had a blue cere, it would be really really light and pale blue, barely noticeable:)

For example, the budgie below is a male:

Notice how vivid and noticeable the blue on the cere is. Now compare that to your lutino's cere, which is more pale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.