Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if it was possible for a lutino to show darker yellow markings on lighter body color best example would be pearl lutino cockatiel, i am asking this question regarding one of my baby lutinos showing such a pattern maybe it will dissapear after the molt but just show you that it is different from all my other lutino babies here is the pic for comments.The parents are a grey opaline dominant pied male split ino and a female lutino

thanks.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is hard to be sure from the picture but I think the chick may be either a type 2 yellow face or golden face albino. This would account for the patchiness.

It would be interesting to see a picture when it is fully feathered

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is hard to be sure from the picture but I think the chick may be either a type 2 yellow face or golden face albino. This would account for the patchiness.

It would be interesting to see a picture when it is fully feathered
Maybe then either the male is a double factor yellow face or else the lutino is a also yellow face, the clutch mates are 2 greygreen opalines , opaline dominant pied green and the smallest is also a lutino, will post a picture once fully feathered,

Jus wondering if there is a chance of opaline getting combined with lutino to show such a color, maybe crossing over anyway it is just a thought.

thanks

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
do give us another picture once it is older...

i do like the look of pearl lutino cockatiels! would be lovely to be able to get a budgie with that look...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.