Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FaeryBee, JuneBird and StarlingWing here are the pictures of little Luxe I promise to show you all. He is a 4 week old TBC.

I would love to see photos of any TBC that looks
like Luxe as I have only seen yellows or white colours with dark to light wings馃檪

Super Moderator
They are PRECIOUS! The female is a sky blue violet spangle opaline greywing budgie and the male is a sky blue spangle greywing budgie. As they鈥檙e both greywing, all chicks will be greywing and all chicks will be blue. There should be some cobalts and some sky blues! All males will be split to opaline but no visual opalines are expected. If there are any, it鈥檚 because dad is split to opaline! Can鈥檛 wait to see your baby :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are PRECIOUS! The female is a sky blue violet spangle opaline greywing budgie and the male is a sky blue spangle greywing budgie. As they鈥檙e both greywing, all chicks will be greywing and all chicks will be blue. There should be some cobalts and some sky blues! All males will be split to opaline but no visual opalines are expected. If there are any, it鈥檚 because dad is split to opaline! Can鈥檛 wait to see your baby :)
Just found a photo of the males wings. Does he look like he is also a opaline?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks StarlingWings, updated on the babies so far one egg hatched but sadly the baby died 14ish hours later. Baby 2 will hatch around Wednesday so hopefully this one lives.
UPDATE - just found out the mum has eaten the both of the babies and some of the eggs 馃あ馃槷.So no babies from this clutch.

Administrator
UPDATE - just found out the mum has eaten the both of the babies and some of the eggs 馃あ馃槷.So no babies from this clutch.
Are you certain the breeder you are planning to purchase from is a reputable and ethical breeder?
Is she using individual breeding cages for each pair?
How often does she allow her birds to breed ?
Is she allowing back-to-back clutches?
Budgies need to be bred for health and temperament. Aggressive hens should NEVER be bred.
Do you know how old the adults are that the breeder is pairing?
What diet is she feeding the adult birds?
Is she certain the budgies being paired are not siblings?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you certain the breeder you are planning to purchase from is a reputable and ethical breeder?
Is she using individual breeding cages for each pair?
How often does she allow her birds to breed ?
Is she allowing back-to-back clutches?
Budgies need to be bred for health and temperament. Aggressive hens should NEVER be bred.
Do you know how old the adults are that the breeder is pairing?
What diet is she feeding the adult birds?
Is she certain the budgies being paired are not siblings?
she used individual breeding cages
First time breeding the female ( 15 months old) and the 2nd time breeding the father ( around 2 years old)
They were both bred from different breeders so not related
Mum and dad looked to be friendly and are both hand tamed (male more than female I think as there was more video and photos of the male.
She has been breeding for about 3 years now and only breeds different budgies twice a year. All great reviews from previous clutches. Do not know the diet of the budgies. I have not been in person as she lives 2 and half hours away from me.

I have decided to not go through with this breeder as I have also found out that in her last clutch there was 7 eggs and only 3 survived which she had to hand raised which is fine but the reason for this was that the babies where been plucked. It makes me wander if the other female started to eat the eggs too which she has not told anyone about.

Going through another breeder now that has 3 male, 4 week old TBC that I can choose from on Sunday. She has been breeding for around 15 years. 15 years worth of reviews with people coming back for more budgies, mostly all hand tamed and very friendly. Let me know if you would like some photos of the one I choose on Sunday 馃檪.

Administrator
FaeryBee, JuneBird and StarlingWing here are the pictures of little Luxe I promise to show you all. He is a 4 week old TBC.

I would love to see photos of any TBC that looks
like Luxe as I have only seen yellows or white colours with dark to light wings馃檪

View attachment 258325
View attachment 258326
View attachment 258327
View attachment 258328
View attachment 258329
View attachment 258330
View attachment 258331
View attachment 258332
View attachment 258333
I'm confused. Is Luxe the budgie from the different breeder and the one you are planning to get?
What is wrong with the front of him?
Is that food caked on his feathers? If so, this breeder isn't taking very good care of her birds...
Were all these pictures taken at the breeder's facility?
You are aware that a baby budgie should not be released to the new owner until is reaches 8 weeks old, is fully fledged and has been eating on its own for a good two weeks, correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm confused. Is Luxe the budgie from the different breeder and the one you are planning to get?
What is wrong with the front of him?
Is that food caked on his feathers? If so, this breeder isn't taking very good care of her birds...
Were all these pictures taken at the breeder's facility?
You are aware that a baby budgie should not be released to the new owner until is reaches 8 weeks old, is fully fledged and has been eating on its own for a good two weeks, correct?
Yes, Luxe is the budgie from the other breeder. She has been hand rearing him and his sibling since about 2 weeks old as well as has others she was hand rearing. I am not sure why she had so many good views as she couldn鈥檛 tell as the day he hatched, only that he is around 4 weeks and wouldn鈥檛 tell us what feeding schedule times he is on. Only said that she feeds him at anytime as she works two jobs and has no schedule. It was about a 5 minute conversation with her before she put him into our hands and jumped in her car and left. She was also not home when we got there and we arrange the time for pick up. So we ended up wait for her to get home, which was about 30 mins. I was not expecting it turn out like that especially with all the good views and other breeders gettting budgies for her as well as have 15 years of experience.
Yes, that is food on his chest not sure how it got that messy as he is a amazing feeder. I have experience hand rearing as my grandparents used to breed budgies as well as hand rearing finches. I have been trying to soak his chest with a cloth but I have only been able to get a bit out, the formula is rock hard. Any ideas?
I have taken the photos after his feed and he was only in there for less than two minutes as I clean his cage after every feed. I did not realise he was so young when he went to pick him up. I am glad I did as he was so hungry and his crop was empty. All the rest of his sibling were getting pick up that day. Definitely never going back to her again.

Administrator
That is extremely distressing!!

I can't believe that poor baby is coated with food that way. There is NO EXCUSE for that!

I certainly hope you plan to give this breeder a review that is worthy of how horrible she is!
She should have never have pulled the chicks for hand-feeding at 2 weeks and certainly should not have released him at 4 weeks.

Try using Renew Contact Cleaning Solution to get the food out. Don't get it in his eyes.

Feeding him "just anytime" is NOT acceptable.
Hand Feeding TImes and Amounts

I would take the shag rug out of his cage as he may well get his feet caught in it and/or start eating the fibers.
Give him a soft cuddly toy to rest against instead.

Dangers of Rope, Snuggle Huts, Fabric and Tasseled Toys

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns about him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is extremely distressing!!

I can't believe that poor baby is coated with food that way. There is NO EXCUSE for that!

I certainly hope you plan to give this breeder a review that is worthy of how horrible she is!
She should have never have pulled the chicks for hand-feeding at 2 weeks and certainly should not have released him at 4 weeks.

Try using Renew Contact Cleaning Solution to get the food out. Don't get it in his eyes.

Feeding him "just anytime" is NOT acceptable.
Hand Feeding TImes and Amounts

I would take the shag rug out of his cage as he may well get his feet caught in it and/or start eating the fibers.
Give him a soft cuddly toy to rest against instead.

Dangers of Rope, Snuggle Huts, Fabric and Tasseled Toys

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns about him.
Thank you for the information about the cleaning solutions. He is now on a feeding schedule as I have had him since Saturday. Apparently the mother stopped feeding them, which is why she was hand rearing. The shag rug is not in his cage it was for a quick photo. He is on sea grass mat wrapped in newspaper with kitchen towel on top. He is also perching now which is great馃檪.

Administrator
Excellent!! Thank you for that update.

Let me know how the contact cleaning solution works when you get it.
You can continue trying with the warm wet washcloth in the meantime but that stuff isn't going to come off easily!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.