Talk Budgies Forums banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

· Super Moderator
20,042 Posts
She is SO cute. I love her facial expression!

To be honest, she's one of the first budgies I've seen that looks very similar to Mallorn. I guess budgie owners notice after awhile that budgies actually have different faces, like humans do. Luxie really looks like Mallorn sometimes, lol.

I'm putting a picture so you can tell me I'm not crazy... They look alike, right? 🤣
Product Art Toy Bird toy Stuffed toy

· Super Moderator
Luxie (“LOOX-ee”), F, hatched 9/7/2021
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
She is SO cute. I love her facial expression!

To be honest, she's one of the first budgies I've seen that looks very similar to Mallorn. I guess budgie owners notice after awhile that budgies actually have different faces, like humans do. Luxie really looks like Mallorn sometimes, lol.

I'm putting a picture so you can tell me I'm not crazy... They look alike, right? 🤣​
I absolutely agree with you about budgies having different faces! I’ve begun noticing that too as I’ve observed all the different budgie pictures we see here. It’s even more visible when people post multiple birds in one picture. I‘ve also noticed individual budgie preferences in how they pose and move, kind of like how we humans develop frequently-used gestures or postures or walks even as we go about the same general means of movement.

I see a resemblance too—I went and looked at some of the other Mallorn photos on the forum too for further data-gathering. Mallorn is a sweetie! Such pretty coloring.

· Super Moderator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Tableware Kitchen utensil Plant Cookware and bakeware Recipe

Luxie was hanging off the edge of the cage, and on a whim I offered her the pellet bowl, figuring she’d step down onto it.

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Drink

…She proceeded to delicately pick out bites, continuing to hang off the side of the cage. Meanwhile, I realize I’ve committed to offering her the food and didn’t like the idea of taking it away mid-meal, so I stood awkwardly with the bowl until she finished. The things we do for our birds!

(That pellet bowl is always available, BTW. It just tends to get more attention when I‘m interacting with it…)

· Super Moderator
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I am very stressed and tired and maybe sick, but Luxie seems to be okay. She graciously consented to playing with a toy in my hand that she has yet to touch hanging up by her playground. I graciously consented to playing with her instead of doing my homework. We both win (sort of).
Hand Bird Finger Beak Nail

Bird Eye Human body Beak Parrot

Hand Mouth Leg Organ Comfort

Bird Gesture Finger Nail Thumb

121 - 140 of 157 Posts