Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have 2 little budgies less than a month old. Could someone please help me to determine their genders? I’ve attached 2 images below. Is the one with the pink cere a boy? And the one with kind of a blue & white cere a girl? Thank you very much for your help😊😊

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!

I read your other thread and am glad Sonya is feeling better :D They are both adorable! You're correct, it seems that the little white one is a boy and the blue one (Sonya?) is a girl :) Since you have a mixed-gender pair, please be especially sure to read through the stickies concerned with preventing breeding, as it's simple to do and will save you and your birds a lot of headaches and stress!

When We Don't Want Eggs!

Meanwhile, you’ve come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! Please be sure to have a look around the forums’ other budgie articles and “stickies” to ensure you’re up to date on everything. If you have questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help.

Hope to see more of your little ones around here!

Cheers! 👋

·
Administrator
57,889 Posts
Your budgies are simply precious!!
I agree that the pied budgie is a boy (pinkish/purple cere) and Sonja (light blue cere with white around the nares) is a girl.

With a mixed gender pair, it is critical you do everything necessary to prevent breeding

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Rearranging their cage frequently will help tremendously. Please be sure you never put a nest box or anything that could be used as a nesting site in their cage.
Limit the light they get to 8 hours a day. When they come into condition, limit the amount of protein in their diet at that time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.