Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.. his/her cere is so many different colours! My fid is a YF2, cobolt recessive pied, and I'm unsure of his sex. As of a few days ago, his cere was pinkish with blue right near the beak, so I thought he was a he, but now it's turning white.
Here's a collection of some pics i've taken over time...

Thanks for helping!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I say girl I see too much white and not enough of the Pink it should be for a recessive pied male

it should look like this - The pink translucent color is uniform and it shouldn't have any blue at all A lot of young females (of many mutations) will get a light blue cere before it turns white

http://www.***************/i_cockcere2.jpg

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i THINK that your budgie is really and Edwina! Her/His nose has got more white in it now, and females are the ones with the white tinted ceres.... i dont really see blue in there...but maybe its my poor lighting right now....also, since she/he is still molting from their baby bars it might change again...
Either way, your budgie is gorgeous....i see they are starting to get the yellow cap just like my female Chik....
thanks for mentioning what type of budgie he/she is because now i know thats what my Chik is too... hehe we'll see what other talkbudgies experts think...
shes like my budgies long lost sister! :cool:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah yeh, atvchick, i see what you mean now. awww... i got myself a little girl :) now.. to get used to calling her Edie (like from Desperate Housewives) and not Edward :p

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tehehe, I now call her 'she' but can't get out of the habit of calling her Edward :p lol! My little baby is gona be so confused :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
You could always call her Eddie, I've heard that used as a girl's name:)
But I guess the bachelor pad has now turned into to a princess palace?:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.