Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this green English budgie for about 3 years. Doesnt make too much noise. I had a blue male budgie who frequently would dance and chirp a alot in a mating manner towards this budgie who I believe is female but I'm not sure. The cere is a little blueish but very light.

·
Registered
Mango , Kiwi and late berry
73 Posts
I've had this green English budgie for about 3 years. Doesnt make too much noise. I had a blue male budgie who frequently would dance and chirp a alot in a mating manner towards this budgie who I believe is female but I'm not sure. The cere is a little blueish but very light. View attachment 257375 View attachment 257377
Both of your Budgies are really cute. The blue budgie who is on the left side is male. And the other one who is on the right side is female. Looking at there cere this is their gender.

·
Administrator
56,471 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

Your blue budgie is male and your green budgie is female.

As you have a mixed gender pair, you need to be doing everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

How large is the birds' cage? Length, Width, Height
Essentials to a Great Cage

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
Cage sizes.
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Super Moderator
18,437 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Your budgies are very cute; as mentioned above, you have a male and a female.

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices! FaeryBee has given you great advice and resources. Please be sure to read through the forums' many budgie articles and stickies, provided above, to ensure you're up to date on everything. If you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we'd love to help!

Hope to see you and your budgies around the forums! 👋

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Thank you. I knew the blue one was male. The green one was said to be male when I got it but I quickly had suspected that this was not the case as it displayed many female signs. Thank you for replying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.