Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a young budgie that was sold as a female however i am still uncertain as it’s cere is quite confusing. Can anyone lend me a hand in gendering this little one? Thanks😁

·
Super Moderator
18,437 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Ooh, this is a hard one! I also can’t tell for sure but due to the white around the nares I do think she may be female! In a week or two it should become more obvious, so if you posted an updated photo then that would be great~

Meanwhile, you’ve come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices!
Be sure to read through the forums’ many budgie articles and “stickies” to ensure you’re up to date on everything, and if you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help!

Hope to see you around! 👋

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Ooh, this is a hard one! I also can’t tell for sure but due to the white around the nares I do think she may be female! In a week or two it should become more obvious, so if you posted an updated photo then that would be great~

Meanwhile, you’ve come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices!
Be sure to read through the forums’ many budgie articles and “stickies” to ensure you’re up to date on everything, and if you have any questions after doing so, please be sure to ask as we’d love to help!

Hope to see you around! 👋
Hi😁 Thanks for the reply much appreciated. Hopefully in a week or so it will become much clearer and i would love to give an update. I was just looking for an opinion as i do have an older male with the baby and was wondering if it would be better to get another youngster along with her(presuming she’s a female). I will definitely Read through the forums and thank you so much for your help :)

·
Administrator
56,471 Posts
Hi, Welcome to Talk Budgies!

The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

I look forward to finding out if your little baby budgie turns out to be male or female. That cere is definitely a tricky one!

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and all of the Stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.
These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

SITE GUIDELINES
List of Stickies
Posting on the Forums
Let's Talk Budgies!
FAQ
Articles
Be Prepared for Veterinary Care Expense
Avian First Aid
Quarantine IS Necessary!
A heartfelt plea to forum members new and old
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads
Cage sizes.
Essentials to a Great Cage
Dangers to Pet Birds
Resource Directory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone! Here’s the update on my lil budgie, these pictures were taken about a week and half from the other ones in the original post. This has really gotten me in a twist as im still so unsure of what this little rascal is. Any insights would be appreciated. P.s all photos were taken in natural lighting 😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all this is an overdue two week update on my budgie. I am still so unsure of what this little one is to be. I have attached all the recent images and all were taken in natural lighting. Advice would be appreciated:)

·
Super Moderator
18,437 Posts
I believe he’s a boy! The shape and tint of the cere to me seem very male despite the slight paleness around the nares. What a cutie~ I’m interested to see how the color of the cere develops!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts