Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to a brand new month and a brand new challenge. Is Spring just around the corner?
Let's hope so :) I want to welcome all the new members I have seen around the site and invite you to join in our monthly photo challenge contest.

Is everyone ready? Good!
Let's start by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations:
Each month a photo challenge will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the challenge theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo. (taken within the last 6 months)

Exception:
I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
Photos need not be staged. Props are not neccessary. A spontaneuos photo is best. If your budgie(s) happens to land on something such as a stuffed toy or another object and you think the photo would suit the competition it will be allowed.

No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo.

Deadline
The contest opens today and I will accept entries until March 21st at 10:00h Eastern Standard Time.
On March 21st I will post a poll(s) for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on March 30th.

All entries must be PM'd to me for posting. Do not post your own photo.Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop calendar wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper will be made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.
The winner also has the honor of picking the next month's challenge as well as automatically being entered into the Budgie of the Year competition which will take place in December.

Here is Corina's winning photo from last month. The challenge was "Hiding Budgies" and J.J was declared the winner of our hide n seek game!

Now, here is Corina's challenge for you. Corina and J.J want to see............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Itchy-Scratchy Budgies!

Isn't this the perfect challenge with moulting season upon us? I think so.
Show us you itchy budgies with their feathers all sticking out! Let's have our own Itchy and Scratchy Show!

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI: I will not be online as much on March 2nd and 3rd, so please have patience if you have sent your entry in and do not see it posted. I promise that I will check in at least once a day on those two days to check for entries.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
This one should have some funny entries :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now I know that there are lots of itchy budgies out there, c'mon, let's see them :D

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I knew there more itchy budgies around here ;)

Thank you Amberlea! Willow and Jack are having a scratch-a-thon :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Milky Bar caught the itch!

I'm in...sounds like fun...and it looks like there are interesting happenings on this forum!

Here goes...(but how do I PM you to post my entry...being new here!)

JacodK

Attachments

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi there,
Just click on my user name and then click the option "send private message to louara" attach your photo with your budgie's name and you choice for next month's challenge.

Is that your entry? Too cute :D I've posted it, thanks for entering and good luck!

Click here to see all the entries: http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=68207

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
This is going to be a good one. :D Louara those itchy smiley guys were making me itch. :p

·
Registered
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here come Forest.....

Thank you SpickyDavies! Forest seems to be saying "should i eat this treat? should i play with this toy? should i preen? decisions-decisions....":D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.