Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The boys enjoying some home grown Oat groats! I was growing these for wheat grass for my own health before I even considered birds, win win. These were going to be for next year's planting but I can sacrifice a little for my friends. :)

Nibbling curiously...hmmmm
Wood Line Art Mesh Tree

Tasty snack detected, chow time!
Pet supply Mammal Line Mesh Wood

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like Matisse wants it all for himself :D, I don't think I would be comfortable with that paper bedding, make sure they do not try and eat it, you can also use timothy hay for them to forage in.
Thanks for the tip. I actually was looking at hay too but ultimately decided on paper. I don't know why you think it would be unsafe as it's just cellulous fiber and wood, I made sure it was from sustainable sources/safe material and free of dust. I am also aware baby budgies, just like human babies, explore with their mouths. I picked this paper bedding specifically because it was in compact clumps that could easily be removed if my little buggers decided it was good chewing/eating. I also monitor my guys the entire time they're awake (I even time my pee break for the day during their nap LOL). I'm so glad you're looking out for my birds Cody but I promise you, I am too. :) I'll just dump this paper for my worm composting bin if you feel it's unsafe, to the market for some hay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts