Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about this one,what color is he ? mauve , violet, grey ? I'm confused again

·
Administrator
56,635 Posts
Another beauty!

I recommend you remove the plastic dowel-type perch in the cage and replace it with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
He's gorgeous! I agree with FaeryBee regarding the perches. As for his mutation, he does appear to be mauve, possibly single factor violet. Do you have a photo taken in better light?

His full mutation would be mauve, opaline, full body greywing, single factor dominant pied :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another beauty!

I recommend you remove the plastic dowel-type perch in the cage and replace it with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.
Pressure Sores
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage
Thanks for your suggestion, I will make changes as soon as possible
,Thank you very much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's gorgeous! I agree with FaeryBee regarding the perches. As for his mutation, he does appear to be mauve, possibly single factor violet. Do you have a photo taken in better light?

His full mutation would be mauve, opaline, full body greywing, single factor dominant pied :)
Yes it is. Here are some additional photos, but I'm not sure if it can be seen more clearly.
Is it yellow face (type1 or type2) or Goldface ? SF or DF?

This photo was taken under night lights and looks more purple。

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
He's beautiful :) They're both definitely goldenface, most likely single factor since it looks like it's going into the body color but it's hard to tell before their first moult. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my initial response, I was so focused on the mauve part 😅

He is mauve, and judging by the iridescent purple on his rump he is single factor violet as well. He's so handsome :D

·
Administrator
56,635 Posts
By the way, in the first two pictures, that cage looks as if the bars are corroded or rusted. If so, you need to replace that cage as well to prevent heavy metal poisoning.

Lead and Zinc Toxicosis

The pink cage is much too small for two budgies. The minimum size cage for one or two budgies would be 76 cm long x 46 cm wide x 46 cm high

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's beautiful :) They're both definitely goldenface, most likely single factor since it looks like it's going into the body color but it's hard to tell before their first moult. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my initial response, I was so focused on the mauve part 😅

He is mauve, and judging by the iridescent purple on his rump he is single factor violet as well. He's so handsome :D
Single factor goldenface?Maybe,but there is not much green color covered on his body. Its first moult has finished ,and now it's about 6 months old.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, in the first two pictures, that cage looks as if the bars are corroded or rusted. If so, you need to replace that cage as well to prevent heavy metal poisoning.

Lead and Zinc Toxicosis

The pink cage is much too small for two budgies. The minimum size cage for one or two budgies would be 76 cm long x 46 cm wide x 46 cm high
You 're so careful,thank you ,I will pay more attention to the cage.
The pink cage is just a small cage for temporary carrying, not for them to live in.

·
Super Moderator
18,459 Posts
From the photo, he looked pretty greenish on my screen but if he’s bluer in person then maybe double factor!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.