Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very familiar with mutations yet but I think she's
Normal Cobalt with grey factor

Does that seem correct? There's also the possibility of being mauve.
I would appreciate everyone's opinions, thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I'm sure you know better than me!:p I just wanted to make sure. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I also just wanted to post this in the correct spot.
Thanks again I do appreciate you taking the time to answer.

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Thank you, I'm sure you know better than me!:p I just wanted to make sure. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I also just wanted to post this in the correct spot.
Thanks again I do appreciate you taking the time to answer.
didnt think you were ;)
my little guy Mumble(RIP) was a cobalt , heres a link to pictures of him http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=47846

either way Solo is really pretty

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I was told by someone (don't remember exactly who it was on here) that grey factor changes the color of the cheek patches and your bird's look normal, so I'd go with mauve as well.

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
I was told by someone (don't remember exactly who it was on here) that grey factor changes the color of the cheek patches and your bird's look normal, so I'd go with mauve as well.
your correct :) certin mutations determin the cheek patch color

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, perfect! Thank you everyone.

I thought that the grey factor changed the main body color that's why I was mistaking the cobalt. Now I see the difference.I do appreciate all your help. I must read and reread some more. Maybe I'll remember all the differences sooner or later!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The way to tell a mauve from a grey is by the cheek patches and the tail

A mauve will have violet cheek patches and a dark navy blue tail

A grey will have blue, silver or grey cheek patches and a black tail

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The way to tell a mauve from a grey is by the cheek patches and the tail

A mauve will have violet cheek patches and a dark navy blue tail

A grey will have blue, silver or grey cheek patches and a black tail
Ah, okay thanks for the tip! I'll remember that.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Am I wrong, or doesn't that mean she is grey? I see blue cheek patches and a black tail. Maybe another picture would help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Am I wrong, or doesn't that mean she is grey? I see blue cheek patches and a black tail. Maybe another picture would help.
You know, it's even hard for me to tell just looking at her. My lighting is horrible right now and I can't get very good pictures but here is a close up of her cheek patches. They look blue to me.

This is my best picture so far of her tail and it's not good at all. More to come eventually.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
She is a mauve :) Here are some pics of a adult grey male and another baby... see how they have blue/grey cheek patches with no purple? And his tail is pure black with no blue in it? I donno if that helps or not :)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She is a mauve :) Here are some pics of a adult grey male and another baby... see how they have blue/grey cheek patches with no purple? And his tail is pure black with no blue in it? I donno if that helps or not :)
Yes, I do see the difference now. Thank you very much you've definitely helped and I can take all the help I can get. :p

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
What colour is the tail? Black or deep deep blue? Any blue at all = mauve. Straight black = grey regardless of presence/absence of violet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
The cheek patches are not right for a mauve. I think you have a violet grey
Alright thanks for posting!

Much to learn from Nev ;)
:DGood to hear

What colour is the tail? Black or deep deep blue? Any blue at all = mauve. Straight black = grey regardless of presence/absence of violet.
This is still under debate. It looks like a deep blue to me but it's so dark it's hard to tell.

Thanks again to everyone that's posted.

Edit: Her tail is definitely deep blue so mauve seems to be correct.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.