Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a meat grinder attachment for my New Kitchen aid mixer. The old one died :(. I got some meat to grind burger and I have a couple of recipes for an excellent breakfast sausage. I have made it before with store bought ground pork but its just too lean and now I can make my own mix with a pork butt.

Anyone have a good recipe for a sweet italian sausage? I can add red pepper flakes to make it spicy for me (Linda likes it mild ).

I also would like a pepperoni recipe or any other sausage recipes from around the world :D

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
This recipe was taken from http://www.mamapeinao.gr/spitika-xwriatika-loukanika site. The sausages have a unique flavour, we call it here "villager's type". I've never made sausages myself, so I hope they turn out good!

Sausages with orange- Recipe for 6 kg

5 kg pork shoulder, thick mienced
1 kg pork fat , thick mienced
80 gr sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
peel from 3 large and unwaxed oranges (together with a thin layer of the white part), well chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary , finely chopped
2 stalks celery , finely chopped
Juice of 1 ½ orange
1 pound guts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made some hamburger and it was awesome. I have 21 spices ready a beef blade chuck roast and a pork boston shoulder ready for tomorrow. I have about 9-10# so I plan on 4-5 2# batches of different styles. Cant wait to start grilling and eating :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.