Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
55,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm "birdie-sitting" my neighbor's baby lovebird for a few days. Yoshi came over last night and will be with me until either Sunday evening or Monday morning.

What a little sweetheart he is!! Such a BIG difference in personality from Pedro and Poppy. :rolleyes:

This little guy is SO adorable!
Yoshi LOVES to be held and snuggled, continually wants to be riding around on my head or shoulder and protests when I try to put him back in his cage to give myself a break to take care of my birds and/or pups. :laughing:

Here are a few pictures of the little sweetie who has already won my heart! :love:

Hi! My name is Yoshi.

I decided to mess up all this curly red hair and make myself a nice place to sit.

Don't you think I'm cute?
If I belonged to FaeryBee, I might even WIN in the Best Medium Bird/Staff Category of the Bird Show.

Here, let ME help you move to the bottom of that page!

Hey, what does Fortune 500 mean? I need to check out this article.

This is an awesome playgym, but I think I prefer sitting on your shoulder - OK?

Well, I guess you can take one more picture first...

Thanks for letting me have a bath! Now I'm hungry and this snack looks pretty tasty.

After my snack, what are we gonna do next?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Baby Yoshi is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
thnx 4 sharing Debs!:)

·
Administrator
55,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yoshi is so much fun, I'm not going to want to have to return him to his rightful owner! :laughing1: She warned me that I'd fall in love with him.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Oh my gosh when I saw baby Yoshi in the intro I thought... Poppy and Pedro?! :eek:

Well Yoshi is one cute lovie and he sure picked the best house in town to visit. :)

Hi Yoshi. :ciao:

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Deb he is beyond adorable!! :love: If he disappears it was not me :giggle:

And totally off subject... but I love the colors in your house and the feature wall/s you have! I love doing that as I am sure you noticed when you were here :giggle:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Well, aside from my deep fear of lovebirds (ok they are **** cute, but I've never met one nice like little Yoshi) he's ADORABLE :)

...I almost died when I thought you got another one ;)

Enjoy your time with him

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Omg how are you ever going to part with him!? He's beyond precious! How awesome that he immediately warmed up to you too! As tame as my boy is, he takes some time to warm up to strangers.

Your neighbor lucked out having you nearby to watch her baby!

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
He is a delightful little guy, and so handsome! There is little that is sweeter than a young, hand-raised lovebird, and they do capture your heart. It would be such a wrench for me to have to give him back to his owners. In fact, I still regret that I sold the last little guy I bred.

Between you and me, I couldn't find one single reason you shouldn't bring home such a hand-reared loveybird to play with you all the time, now Poppy and Pedro are happily wed.
You deserve one, and no bird could ask for a better place!

Have fun playing with Yoshi! Gee, another yellow bird!

·
Registered
75 Posts
He's so beautiful! And not camera shy! lol. I would be hoping he could show my Cielo & Pasto a thing or two.

·
Administrator
55,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh my gosh when I saw baby Yoshi in the intro I thought... Poppy and Pedro?! :eek:
Yoshi is having lots of fun while he's here. He's staying downstairs because all of my birds live upstairs. :D
I brought Pedro and Poppy's playgym down for him and he's been exploring all the different toys. (Gives me a break from him on my head) :laughing:

Deb he is beyond adorable!! :love: If he disappears it was not me :giggle:

And totally off subject... but I love the colors in your house and the feature wall/s you have! I love doing that as I am sure you noticed when you were here :giggle:
I can assure you that if he disappears, I'm going to have to leave the neighborhood. :giggle: Guess I'll have to come hang out with you!!

I did notice you like feature walls. I think it's a great way to add interest to a room and enjoy color without "over-commitment". :D

Well, aside from my deep fear of lovebirds (ok they are **** cute, but I've never met one nice like little Yoshi) he's ADORABLE :)

...I almost died when I thought you got another one ;)

Enjoy your time with him
I totally understand your comments. If I'd gotten another, I think my husband would finally kick me out for sure. :laughing1:

Omg how are you ever going to part with him!? He's beyond precious! How awesome that he immediately warmed up to you too! As tame as my boy is, he takes some time to warm up to strangers.

Your neighbor lucked out having you nearby to watch her baby!
She actually has only had him for a little over a week. I thought she was going to cry when she dropped him off.

Aww what a little cutie pie! He reminds me of strawberry lemonade :giggle:
That is the PERFECT description for him, Jill! He does look like strawberry lemonade!

What a great neighbor to have! Toooo cute :)
Yep, I think I'm going to be the "designated" birdie-sitter for little Yoshi for her future trips as well. What's great is I believe she'll also be willing to come over to care for my birds if I decide to take a trip to see my sister. :)

Yoshi is soooo sweeeet! I love his colors!
:iagree:

Awwww! Very cute! He reminds me of my old girl BeBe :eek:
She must have been sweet.

He is a delightful little guy, and so handsome! There is little that is sweeter than a young, hand-raised lovebird, and they do capture your heart. It would be such a wrench for me to have to give him back to his owners. In fact, I still regret that I sold the last little guy I bred.

Between you and me, I couldn't find one single reason you shouldn't bring home such a hand-reared loveybird to play with you all the time, now Poppy and Pedro are happily wed.
You deserve one, and no bird could ask for a better place!

Have fun playing with Yoshi! Gee, another yellow bird!
Aren't his colors gorgeous? I thought it was too cool that he's almost the exact same shade of yellow as Sparky!

He's so beautiful! And not camera shy! lol. I would be hoping he could show my Cielo & Pasto a thing or two.
Oh, this little ham loves the camera. I think he expects to have a photo op at least once a day.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Aww what a little cutie pie! He reminds me of strawberry lemonade :giggle:
I would say more of a tequila sunrise to me :hammer:

He is just tooooo cuuutttteeee..... Deb, i'm not supposed to be getting any more birds but you are making it hard, i want to go out and get myself a snuggly little lovebird :D

Would you consider play dates with Pedro and Poppy at any point? :)

I think its great that you have someone nearby who also keeps birds, you are right that it will come in handy if you need some babysitting :D

·
Administrator
55,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I would say more of a tequila sunrise to me :hammer:

He is just tooooo cuuutttteeee..... Deb, i'm not supposed to be getting any more birds but you are making it hard, i want to go out and get myself a snuggly little lovebird :D

Would you consider play dates with Pedro and Poppy at any point? :)

I think its great that you have someone nearby who also keeps birds, you are right that it will come in handy if you need some babysitting :D
No, after what Poppy did to poor little Sunny's toe last week, I wouldn't trust her with any bird other than Pedro. :(

So, no play-dates for them with little Yoshi! I'm not even planning to let Yoshisee Poppy since she's as mean as a little striped spider. :laughing:

The sweet little fellow is sitting on my shoulder taking a nap right now. :p Awwww!

I may never have a bird of my own that is friendly enough to be willing to interact like this. But it has been wonderful to have this experience the last couple of days -- even if it isn't going to be a long term experience. (and, I have three more days of his company. Yaay! :jumping:

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

I may never have a bird of my own that is friendly enough to be willing to interact like this. But it has been wonderful to have this experience the last couple of days -- even if it isn't going to be a long term experience. (and, I have three more days of his company. Yaay! :jumping:
You want my tiels? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.