Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Tyrone, I got him 3 days ago. Sorry the pics are not the best quality (taken with webcam) I managed to get him on my hand for these pics. I was told its a male. Im worried as he is so small. He is 8 weeks old. I have a 9 month old hen which I will be introducing him to in about 4-6 weeks, hopefully he will be a little bigger by then. What mutation is this? Spangle or something I think. Thanks ;)

Attachments

·
Born2Bfree, bred2Bcaptive
2,887 Posts
Recessive pied sky blue.

(I am assuming the yellowish top of his head is only in the picture, that in reality his head is white.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is actually pale yellow all over, just that little bit of blue on his back (wings clipped here) and some black bars on head and a few lower down. What does Pied mean?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I would say you have a dominant pied, recessive pied, yellow face type two, blue. The reason I say dominant pied recessive pied mix is the small amount of patterning on his wings and color on his body along with his pale feet. is your female an albino? If so you can expect...
normals
dominant pieds
recessive pied if your female has the recessive gene
blues
yellow faces
white faces
all the male chicks will be split for albino but neither males or females will show albino unless your male is split for albino. Good luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would vote more in line with double factor dominant pied, especially if his irises develop normally, they often resemble recessive pieds with very sparse markings, but the eyes are the only way to be sure. Dominant pieds have normal irises, recessives have dark red (plum) eyes. his iris development probably won't be apparent until he's around 6 months old so try to be patient

Reactions: theasset

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Can't help with the mutations....just wanted to say he is adorable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.