Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! Everyone... Today was the biggest Horse Race for Australia the Melbourne Cup.. The Nation stopped when the race was run. The National Anthem was sung then off goes the horses from the barriers and away they go... Fiorente the name of the horse who won is one of the Trainers by Gai Waterhouse the first lady to win the Melbourne Cup.. The Jockey Damien Oliver was riding Fiorente and won first Place... I picked out the winner how lucky was that... How did you go in the Cup Cathy. Did everyone in Australia get a win... Are we going to Party!!!!

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me to i admire her to i am very happy that she has finely won she has so many good Horse owners to go against... At first i didn't no it was her horse i just picked out the best jocky.. She seems really nice and its great she won...

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
I also thought Fiorente would win. I am so pleased Gai has finally won a Melbourne Cup. She is a brilliant trainer.

The movie The Cup was shown on TV here last night. It is the story of Damien Oliver when he won his first Melbourne Cup. He won it only a few days after his brother had died after a race fall. His father was also killed in a race fall. So I was also pleased that Damien won today.

The Melbourne Cup is also the richest horse race in the world. Even richer than the Kentucky Derby.

Many years ago, when I was very much younger I was a Strapper in Brisbane and used to ride race horses. I rode some pretty good horses, including some that were the offspring or siblings of past Melbourne Cup winners.

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't no that. I new about Damien Oliver's father but not the rest... I am happy for Gai Waterhouse to... The lady singer was fantastic... I don't no what I won will go up tomorrow... Don't think it will be much I put $5 on for a win and the same for a place....Did you win Kate...

·
10,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is only a once a year thing for me on the Melbourne Cup.. I don't put on the horses either only the Melbourne Cup as i don't no one horse from the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.