Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lurked these threads before, trying to figure out what she could be on my own, but there seem to be so many and it's confusing! Could I get some help so I can properly tell people what she is instead of saying
MY BIRD IS MUTATED

haha. I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about.
Much appreciated!

If more photos are needed, I can take more tomorrow.

EDIT: oop, here's a better photo of the last photo

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm not exactly good at this, but practice makes perfect! Don't take my word for it though :p

I would guess she's a dominant pied greywing cobalt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I'm glad I've got that figure out c:

Also, thank you very much for the website. But now I feel like I wanna go budgie hunting or some of the cool looking mutations xD

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think your bird's a recessive pied graywing cobalt. Possibly opaline but it's hard to tell, being mostly white.

(Forget about it being dilute. Recessive pied can also cause a light cheek patch. :))

If your bird is an adult, you've got a male. Adult recessive pied male noses stay baby pink. If it's a female, the nose will turn brown.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your bird's a recessive pied graywing cobalt. Possibly opaline but it's hard to tell, being mostly white.

(Forget about it being dilute. Recessive pied can also cause a light cheek patch. :))

If your bird is an adult, you've got a male. Adult recessive pied male noses stay baby pink. If it's a female, the nose will turn brown.
She's fairly young I believe, so the budgie experts here said she's a girl c:
Though if I don't see her cere changing then that might change everything!

Reading about everyone else's mutations and even looking at the more common types makes me want to collect them all. I'm going to have a fun flock someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.