Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mimic, I think, is SF Goldenface Cobalt DF Violet. He has a clear patch on his head like a little bald spot but he has completely normal markings otherwise. I tried to find information on it and the only thing I turned up is that someone mentioned that it means the bird is split for recessive pied. Does anyone know if that's true?

It's a terrible picture, phone washed out all his colours but you can clearly see the spot on his head

Attachments

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Indeed, it really seems Mimic is split for recessive pied!:)

Reactions: Aisliyna

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
So - if a blue spangle has a white spot, kinda shaped like a Ying Yang, on the top of his head, does that mean he's split for pied too? Both his parents are blue spangles - his mother is a sky blue spangle and his dad is a darker blue spangle. I don't know their parentage though. They also gave me a DF white spangle

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that is better than shaving the rest of his feathers of I think.HA HA:D
But that's how my brother in law does it, he says it looks better than bald so it must be true lol

So - if a blue spangle has a white spot, kinda shaped like a Ying Yang, on the top of his head, does that mean he's split for pied too? Both his parents are blue spangles - his mother is a sky blue spangle and his dad is a darker blue spangle. I don't know their parentage though. They also gave me a DF white spangle
Do you have a picture ? I don't know personally but maybe if you can post a picture someone else will know :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.