Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to buy a corn husk doll but no shipping to Canada :(

I hope your store gets a lot of sales :)

Barry
I would love to send them to Canada, however I am not sure how that would work with it being an agriculture product. :(

Once I am more accustomed to the way Etsy works I will be adding shipping to Canada onto the mini photo canvases .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those are lovely. :D

It might be nice to take pictures of the canvas next to something like a quarter, for comparison. I know you list the size in the description which is great, it's also nice for potential buyers to get a sense of its littleness in the pics, too.

·
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are lovely. :D

It might be nice to take pictures of the canvas next to something like a quarter, for comparison. I know you list the size in the description which is great, it's also nice for potential buyers to get a sense of its littleness in the pics, too.
That is a great idea!! Thank you!

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,978 Posts
These are really cute.

I'm an Etsy seller myself and while I don't sell anything like this one thing I've always found is that people like customised things.

Maybe add a listing for a 'Your Pets Picture Here' type option. People might flock (pun intended) to get an item for themselves or a loved one if they know they can pick a pet of choice.

It may help kick things off. :)

·
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are really cute.

I'm an Etsy seller myself and while I don't sell anything like this one thing I've always found is that people like customised things.

Maybe add a listing for a 'Your Pets Picture Here' type option. People might flock (pun intended) to get an item for themselves or a loved one if they know they can pick a pet of choice.

It may help kick things off. :)
Thanks, I have been toying with the idea of custom pix, just never got the details worked out in my head yet.

·
Registered
522 Posts
May I suggest that a white background may work better for your cute little canvases? If you have a decent camera try and use the lowest f number available when you take the picture, with the focus on the canvas. This way whatever you use for the background (a white sheet works well) will appear blurry. Also, try and have the easel stood up, as it will give a 'more real' feel of your product.
What you're aiming for is something like that:
http://cdn.****-blick.com/items/503/60/50360-1001-3ww-l.jpg

Definitely add a coin in the picture or anything cute and recognisable that will give an idea of the scale, a large tree leaf or some flowers will do.

For the lighting, use any lamps or spotlights you may have but hide them behind a white sheet do diffuse the light and reduce shadows. Lots of easy tutorials about this on YouTube.

My experience of Etsy (and of marketing in general) is that the picture is half the sale :)

All the best with your endeavour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.