Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Yesterday we went for a day trip to a village, 50 miles away from Thessaloniki, where my father owns a piece of land. We went for some gardening work (I am so tired!) and I took the chance to get some pics! :)
So here you can see mount Olympus

A closer look to mount Olympus

The sea from the other side and small city of Makrigyalos

This bush is called "Fotinia"

Then I saw this little butterfly :)

Olive trees and a tall fig tree

Cloudy skies

And I got this pic before leaving. You can see the village and the weather that got worse.

Hope you enjoyed it! :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWH wow it is like I have gone on a holiday , I love your pictures.
I have a Fotinia bush in my garden , olives grow well here as well.
Thanks for sharing, I hope your tired and aching muscles recover soon :D
Thank you Cathy! :) I love spring and nature is great this time of year :) But yeah, all this digging made my back and arms hurt a lot! :p glad you liked the pics!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Lovely! I love your pics! Its like taking a mini-vacation!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :) I feel refreshed now!! :D

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Great pics and what a treat to see the famous Mount Olympus!! :D
It's always good to go back to our roots, I'm a landowner in training too. The land belongs to my grandmother on my mother's side, but now my parents are the ones who manage it, we have our own cork trees and take the cork out of them for selling purposes. Portugal is in the top when it comes to cork exportation and olives too, Portuguese cork is the best in the world.
One day I will inherit the land and the business, for now I will keep on watching and learning how it's done. :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lovely! I love your pics! Its like taking a mini-vacation!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :) I feel refreshed now!! :D
Thank you Diane! :) I am glad that I became able to spread the feeling through my pics! I felt relaxed too! :)

Great pics and what a treat to see the famous Mount Olympus!! :D
It's always good to go back to our roots, I'm a landowner in training too. The land belongs to my grandmother on my mother's side, but now my parents are the ones who manage it, we have our own cork trees and take the cork out of them for selling purposes. Portugal is in the top when it comes to cork exportation and olives too, Portuguese cork is the best in the world.
One day I will inherit the land and the business, for now I will keep on watching and learning how it's done. :)
Thanks Ana! This is the famous and mythological mountain and the highest in Greece :D That's very interesting, you know! I've always wondered where the cork is coming from! And I think you'll do a great job one day.. Working in the fields is a tiring job but the results are very rewarding!

Despina,great photos! Thanks for sharing! I hope you feel better soon!:hug:
Thank you Gaby! I am glad you liked them! Yes, I hope my arms will stop aching for a bit! :p

I always love the vacations you treat me to, Despina!
Through your pictures, I get to experience areas I would never see otherwise and they are always lovely. Thank you! :hug:
Thank you miss Faery Bee! I am glad you like them and the chance I have to take you there, through my pics! :D

·
Super Moderator
20,165 Posts
Wow, Despina, those are some gorgeous photos!
I would so love to visit Greece, and those pictures of Mount Olympus actually gave me chills :giggle:
Looks so lovely, you live in a beautiful place for sure :p
Thank you so much for sharing, it was like I went there myself :laugh:

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,887 Posts
Thank you for sharing, Despina! It sounds like you had a great trip and got a lot of work done. That fig tree is absolutely huge! We have one in my mother-in-law's garden in her village, but it's nowhere near that big. :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, Despina, those are some gorgeous photos!
I would so love to visit Greece, and those pictures of Mount Olympus actually gave me chills :giggle:
Looks so lovely, you live in a beautiful place for sure :p
Thank you so much for sharing, it was like I went there myself :laugh:
Thank you StarlingWings! :) I live in Thessaloniki (50 miles north) but we can also see the mountain from here! Anyone can see it, as long as he/she lives in Northern Greece :) I am glad you liked the pics and you are welcome to see them in person one day! :)

Thank you for sharing, Despina! It sounds like you had a great trip and got a lot of work done. That fig tree is absolutely huge! We have one in my mother-in-law's garden in her village, but it's nowhere near that big. :)
Thanks my friend! It was really nice and we did a lot.. You're right, I have to climb on that fig tree in order to get some figs! A whole adventure! :p Most of the fig trees we have here are like that!

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,540 Posts
Your scenic photos always 'take my breath away' :hug:

;)

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,908 Posts
Beautiful pictures Despina. My neighbours have a Fotinia hedge out front so with a couple of pictures I could have mistaken them for parts of Australia. I have an olive tree myself and I would love a fig tree, there are some around me and I just love figs.

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Bee! :)

Lovely photos...thanks for sharing...we have a Fotinia, too :)
Thank you Brienne! I love taking natural photos- I am glad you enjoyed them!

Beautiful pictures Despina. My neighbours have a Fotinia hedge out front so with a couple of pictures I could have mistaken them for parts of Australia. I have an olive tree myself and I would love a fig tree, there are some around me and I just love figs.
Thank you Kate! Really this place looks like Australia? :) You know everyone else in my family loves figs but not me! They make me feel sick, so I collect figs for them! We have 5 trees- I think.

Lovely photo's
Thanks so much Elsabe!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.