Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I mentioned in another thread that despite information I'm finding on the web stating Inos are supposed to have red eyes with white iris rings, MY inos do not have iris rings.

I wanted to be sure I wasn't imagining things, so I gathered my inos together and photographed them. It was hard to get them to all look at me at once so the light would catch their eyes, but I did the best I could.

In the last picture, I want to mention are 2 girls - sisters from the SAME CLUTCH. One is a lacewing and one is a normal albino. I brought a lacewing into the bunch at the end to be able to take a picture comparing the two sisters. Note the differences in the cere AND in their eyes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
How old are they? Budgies don't develop iris rings until they are a year, sometimes nearly two years old.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Inos do have iris ring when they are mature, around 1 year and older

your cute inos seems to me they are still less than 8 months

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the nice comments!! Yay!! Some of the birds are young, but a couple of them are over a year although not 2 years yet. I'm sure that's all that's going on then. I assumed the iris ring would show up at the same time as other birds' rings show up at maturity. Learned something new today thanks to all of you! :))

·
Registered
348 Posts
Beautiful!!!!! And I learned something new too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.